No. of Recommendations: 2
From 1969 until 1978 I worked in Canada and filed my income tax in that country. Now, when it's time to apply for my Canadian Social Security, they can't find my records and asked if I can prove that I paid into Social Security.

Of course, the answer is no. I threw out my Canadian and Quebec records years ago.

Maybe that will help answer your question.

Good luck.

Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.