Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
From 2002 on you'll be able to roll most types of employer-sponsored plans into another plan or an IRA and to roll an IRA into a new plan - if your employer permits such moves"

It still sounds like the employer has control to me.

I believe it means, your employer could offer you an option on the type of plan you can contribute into. But even if it's an IRA type, the employer still has the option of choosing which group of funds you can make your selections from. For example, Fidelity Funds.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.