Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 2
From tax years 2002 and 2003, I did not file my returns. I have filed my 2004 return (on time this year) but the previous two years remain unfiled. I prepared them both (at the same time as my 2004 return) but have been lazy about filing.

Before I do so, is there something special I should do?

Just mail them, in separate envelopes, with checks for the tax balance due. You'll be billed for any penalty and interest due. And don't fret. I wouldn't have had a job for 25 years if everyone filed and paid on time.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.