Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: TheBaker3 One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 33  
Subject: From the inside? Date: 12/23/1998 1:27 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I work in a grocery store that distributes these little bundles of cash. I am also a baker. Baking provides a very large gross %, especially if you have the technology to price efficiently. They do. They have bought Presidents Baking, and thus do all of the girl scout cookies, they are the main producer of ice cream cones, they bake Pop tarts for K, and own most of the private brand cookie labels out there. the also own Sunshine and their whole line. the distributor that brings them into the store has told me that since Keebler has been public they have paid off their debt in record time, (2 years instead of 4) and are using the extra cash they have to update. They are quickly gaining on Nabisco, as #1 in crackers, etc, to the tune of 24% increases last year. I could go on for hours for why I will not be selling within the next 10 years. Mr. Buffet would be proud.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: chris936 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 15 of 33
Subject: Re: From the inside? Date: 1/1/1999 7:22 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Your right. This is a great company with great management and a great strategy.

Author: TheBaker3 One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 16 of 33
Subject: Re: From the inside? Date: 1/1/1999 7:40 PM
Good to finally see a reply. I bought this baby at 27 and took a ride down with it directly after, but I am severely bullish on it's prospects, especially with the Y2K flight to quality that I think we will see. This is a terrific brand and has me for a 10 year min hold.

Again, thanks for the response, Chris936 and here is to a little elfin magic. :)TheBaker3

Author: fsc83 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 17 of 33
Subject: Re: From the inside? Date: 1/27/1999 9:56 AM
same here. i bought at 27 and thought i would be cursing the day i did. now the stock seems to be heading in the right direction. i think that the next quarter report should be very interesting because then we should be seeing the effect that president baking will have to company earnings. i have 2 daughters in girl scouts and at 3 dollars a box, you know that a good share of cash is going to the hollow tree

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement