No. of Recommendations: 2
from the link: (you posted)

"The CDC also released a new study Jan. 11 in its journal Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, that found this year's flu vaccine is about 62 percent effective. That's based on test results collected from 1,155 children and adults who reported to doctors with respiratory infections.

The agency still says this year's vaccine matches well to the strains that are out there, and recommends everyone over the age of 6 months gets a flu shot."

Like I said...if EVERYONE had a flu shot, the number of flu cases would plummet like the California real estate market did after the bubble burst....

It's the spread of the disease that starts the epidemic....

I always wonder about the dingbats would can't be bothered, get the flu, still come in to work and contaminate everyone else because they don't want to take a sick day..... then go to the gym and contaminate another 100 people..... of which some wind up in the emergency room or actually die.

For 25 bucks, 62% coverage is pretty good I'd say. you pay a lot more for car insurance and house insurance.....I've been in my house for 22 years and never filed a claim..... let's see..that's over 22,000 bucks for nothing....right? (your logic)....

Oh well...don't blame me if you catch a virulent strain of flu, wind up with 106 degree fever, sit 8 hours in the emergency room waiting area, come near dying with respiratory problems, all because you and your associates and friends 'couldn't be bothered' to get a flu shot.

t

t.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement