Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: 04steve1467 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 139  
Subject: Re: Great Buy and Nobody Knows Date: 4/18/2000 9:42 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
From your response I am guessing you paid around $30.00/Share two years ago. I know it seems bad but you should consider buying more at this opportune time. Let's take a look at The Buckle (BKE) for the last 5 years. Average sales growth for 5 years is 21%. Average EPS growth is 34% (we won't consider last years 40.77% growth for us Fool's like to be consevative). Now last year they had Earning Per Share (EPS) of $1.64. If my math is correct and I am sure it is then next year it will be $2.19, the following $2.94, 3.94, 5.28, 7.08, 9.49... You get the idea! Now the real kicker! If I invest $13.00 and I want 15% return on my money I get $1.95! That's right, just EPS estimate will earn you 15%. So I am greedy and want 25%, now that comes out to be $3.25. As you can see you will get that in 3 years. Now once a few more people start to look for these real buys in the market, you can bet this opportunity will not be around for long. These things happen because people like to follow what other people are doing and buying(ORCL,CSCO,MSFT...)and I am no different but now that I have crunched these numbers again I think I am going to buy some more again(BKE that is). I can't help but tell you next time listen to advice and then do your own homework when your Mom has a hot tip. Warren Buffett has made an average of 20% a year looking for companies like this and you can to. Don't tell anyone about this Company and all of us Fool's can have a longer time to buy. The only risk I see is if young people stop buying clothes to look cool. Yeh, there is no risk. This is getting long so one last tip: read "The Essays Of Warren Buffett" by Lawrence A. Cunningham. The best $15.00 I ever spent(Except for BKE shares I just got for $12 7/8!!!!! If anyone wants to give me some critical feedback I would sure take it.

FOOL ON
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Netflix Riles Investors
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement