Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
My employer offers a cafeteria benefits plan with a health insurance component. The cost of this health insurance is split between the company and its employees. The company provides a certain number of company dollars that we can use to choose between about three plans. Employees then cover the rest of the cost with after-tax payroll deductions. For my family, this adds up to about $2900/yr.

I would like to know if I can request reimbursement from my flexible spending plan for the cost of this insurance. When I look at IRS Pub. #502, I don't get a clear answer. So, can I make a claim against my FSP for these expenses?


Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.