Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: blesto Big red star, 1000 posts Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 3224  
Subject: FSRUs Date: 8/27/2011 6:51 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Floating Storage & Regasification Units.

Hohum, who is the leader and pioneer in FSRUs? GLNG? GASS?

The reason I'm asking is I've been getting a lot of buzz recently on NG. Transporting and storage specifically. I'm looking for that company with tankers and FSRUs with a fleet capacity of over 1.7 million cubic meters.

There is supposedly a major shift in energy usage when congress passes their Nat Gas Act. This mystery tanker fleet company supposedly will benefit greatly. You can have the mystery revealed if you join a certain mailing list for a fee. ;)

I think I've narrowed it down to those two I mentioned above. Another mystery company that will benefit from the NG revolution I figured out easily from their description is Westport Innovations (WPRT) they build and convert engines to NG.

I'm hesitant to post the link because it is a sales pitch, but I thought it was interesting anyway. And no, I'm not going to subscribe to it.
http://moneymappress.com/video/mmp/ecl/ecl-mmp.php?code=LECL...
Click at your own risk.

Cheers,
blesto
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Hohum777 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2315 of 3224
Subject: Re: FSRUs Date: 8/27/2011 9:26 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
Hohum, who is the leader and pioneer in FSRUs? GLNG? GASS?

The reason I'm asking is I've been getting a lot of buzz recently on NG. Transporting and storage specifically. I'm looking for that company with tankers and FSRUs with a fleet capacity of over 1.7 million cubic meters.

That's the Kent Moors teaser, right?

Teaser or not, the answer is GLNG.

GLNG currently have three FSRUs operational, and a fourth starts service in 2012. They were
the first company to convert an existing LNG tanker to FSRU, and deliver the vessel to Petrobras.
That would match the pioneer attribute.

Results from last week--
http://boards.fool.com/glng-q2-29491289.aspx

One could also invest in Golar's MLP entity, GMLP, for a steadier payout, but with
the extra vessels down the road, GLNG has the growth upside.

There is a Norwegian entity, Hoegh LNG, also active in the LNG transport, storage & delivery space.
AFAIK, they are only listed in Norway.

Author: blesto Big red star, 1000 posts Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2316 of 3224
Subject: Re: FSRUs Date: 8/27/2011 10:28 PM
Recommendations: 0
Cool, thanks man!

With this current market attitude, you just might see that price range of $24 - $27 for GLNG you're looking for.

I don't know about anybody else, but I like to look through all those different vid teasers whenever I come across one to see what kind of info I can get from them. I like Hilary Kramer's the best. Cuz I just like her. ;-)

Author: Hohum777 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2318 of 3224
Subject: Re: FSRUs Date: 8/29/2011 12:40 AM
Recommendations: 0
Also, GASS has no LNG carriers, only LPG and product tankers.

Author: Kisei Two stars, 250 posts Global Fool Motley Fool One Everlasting Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2330 of 3224
Subject: Re: FSRUs Date: 9/2/2011 6:32 AM
Recommendations: 2
There are three main players in FSRUs:

Golar LNG
Hoegh LNG
Excelerate

Author: Hohum777 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2331 of 3224
Subject: Re: FSRUs Date: 9/2/2011 7:33 AM
Recommendations: 1
I'm curious, what is the difference between a FSRU and a EBRV (Energy Bridge Regasification Vessel)?

Author: Kisei Two stars, 250 posts Global Fool Motley Fool One Everlasting Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2332 of 3224
Subject: Re: FSRUs Date: 9/2/2011 5:06 PM
I'm not sure but i think EBRV is Exelerate's name for its brand of FSRU

Author: blesto Big red star, 1000 posts Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2333 of 3224
Subject: Re: FSRUs Date: 9/2/2011 8:24 PM
I'm not sure but i think EBRV is Exelerate's name for its brand of FSRU

Well, kinda sorta.

From what I can gather Exelerate's EBRVs do the same thing as Golar's FSRUs. The difference are the EBRVs are transporting vessels that connect to specifically designed turret bouys. The FRSUs are permanently moored to a turret system and are delivered to by other LNG vessels. The EBRVs can act as a 'bridge' like the FRSUs taking cargo from other LNG tankers.

http://www.onepetro.org/mslib/servlet/onepetropreview?id=OTC...
http://www.lngplants.com/ExcelerateEnergy.html

http://www.scribd.com/doc/19573065/Floating-Storage-and-Rega...
"The terminal is permanently moored
to the seabed with a turret mooring arrangement, and the gas
send-out line is arranged through the turret down to the
seabed and to shore via a seabed pipeline. The LNG tankers
offloading to the floating terminal will be moored in a side-by-
side configuration. Berthing, loading and unberthing will take
approximately 24 hours."

But yeah, a lot of it is 'Branding'.

Author: Kisei Two stars, 250 posts Global Fool Motley Fool One Everlasting Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2334 of 3224
Subject: Re: FSRUs Date: 9/4/2011 4:02 PM
Thanks blesto, good to know

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement