Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: duggg Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 2374  
Subject: full-timer internet access Date: 11/15/2000 1:28 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I am curious how full-timers access the internet on a regular basis, or if that's even possible.

I know that when I set out in my own RV, I would seriously miss not checking TMF boards and basically surfing the web for at least an hour a day.

Do you simply connect a modem to your cell phone?
How much does it cost?

What about that PocketMail thing? How does it work? Does anyone subscribe to it? How much does it cost?

Print the post Back To Top
Author: rosebear Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 199 of 2374
Subject: Re: full-timer internet access Date: 11/15/2000 3:43 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 12
Try this. These people full time and may be able to help you. http://www.movinon.net/

Kelly

Author: flowergram Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 200 of 2374
Subject: Re: full-timer internet access Date: 11/16/2000 3:00 PM
Recommendations: 1
Up until now internet access has been a problem , kind of dependant on the kindness of park owners or wireless phone modems that were still subject to long distance charges. Now there is new technology afoot- a wireless connection to the internet via a satelite. I think there are several companies offering it, we just purchased a dish called directduo- TV and PC access. The wireless connection to the internet isn't being offered just yet, but they proomised the 4th quarter. I'll post a message as soon as it becomes available.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement