Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 1
Funds were withheld in Q4. Application/form made to state in December. Payment to state not due until January. Hard to pay money without numbers for the forms.

Oh, I'm sure there was a way. I'm reminded of the parents on Judge Judy who refuse to admit that their delinquent little angels have ever done a thing wrong. The organization messed up. I'm sure it wasn't intentional, it's not the end of the world, but making excuses isn't going to fix it.

Just put "pending" in the state number field on the W-2's and be done with the danged things. If someone bothers to look at the state instructions for the withholding return they'll probably find that this is also the approach they should have used when the payment to the state was due January 31. (I assume that was the due date.)

Rule Your Retirement Home Fool
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.