Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (15) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: CoffeeBean68 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 35757  
Subject: Funny Question Date: 3/30/2001 11:54 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Okay, the Bean has too much time on her hands (well, there is homework to do but I'd rather be here).

Question: What is the most outrageous/stupid/weird reason you've been given to reproduce?

Me: Most of my friends know that I'm multi-racial, and when a good friend of mine found out that I didn't want to have kids she asked me, "Well, don't you want to find out what your kids would look like? I bet they'd be really cute!" She was completely serious, too. I explained to her that it wasn't like opening up a box of Cracker Jacks, that having kids is serious business and I just didn't think that was a good enough reason to do it. She looked at me like I was a nut.

Vikki

Print the post Back To Top
Author: Tanaratige Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4529 of 35757
Subject: Re: Funny Question Date: 3/31/2001 10:27 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Me: Most of my friends know that I'm multi-racial, and when a good friend of mine
found out that I didn't want to have kids she asked me, "Well, don't you want to find out
what your kids would look like? I bet they'd be really cute!"

LOL! wouldn't you know it, we get the same thing. I am very fair with red hair. My husband is bi-racial anglo/Pakistani. We have heard that several times: "but I bet your children would be beautiful!"
Well, that makes it alright then..
Tracey

Author: Tanaratige Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4532 of 35757
Subject: Re: Funny Question Date: 3/31/2001 10:43 AM
Question: What is the most outrageous/stupid/weird reason you've been given to reproduce?

One of my big and pregnant co-workers once told me, "but if you get pregnant and then your husband dies, then you'll always have a part of him with you."
O K . . . .
Tracey

Author: CoffeeBean68 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4535 of 35757
Subject: Re: Funny Question Date: 4/1/2001 12:10 AM
Recommendations: 3
One of my big and pregnant co-workers once told me, "but if you get pregnant and then your husband dies, then you'll always have a part of him with you."
O K . . . .
Tracey

My reply would have been, "DH wants to be cremated, so I will have a part of him with me until I die--his ashes! Ashes are a lot less work than a child: all I'd have to do is dust the urn."

And nobody in the office would ever speak to me again! :-)

Vikki

Author: Tanaratige Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4536 of 35757
Subject: Re: Funny Question Date: 4/1/2001 12:27 AM
And nobody in the office would ever speak to me again! :-)

Sometimes, that's not a bad thing! ;)
Tracey

Author: Asta121 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4542 of 35757
Subject: Re: Funny Question Date: 4/2/2001 12:38 AM
Recommendations: 3
Me: Most of my friends know that I'm multi-racial, and when a good friend of mine found out that I didn't want to have kids she asked me, "Well, don't you want to find out what your kids would look like? I bet they'd be really cute!

And what if they're not? Do you throw them in the nearest river? Lord love a duck this has got to be one of the STUPIDEST reasons I've ever heard to have a kid.

Again you wonder if these people think of children as actual human beings or little dolls that they can dress up.

Author: blding One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4545 of 35757
Subject: Re: Funny Question Date: 4/2/2001 6:27 AM
"But you'd make a great mother!"

Yup, Mom has grandcats.

Author: CoffeeBean68 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4548 of 35757
Subject: Re: Funny Question Date: 4/2/2001 10:21 AM
"But you'd make a great mother!"

Yah, that's another dumb one. Okay, how do these people know that you'd make a good mother? What if you're a lousy mother, what then? It's not like buying a bad pair of shoes--you can't return the kids if they cramp your style or if they just aren't what you thought they would be.

Sheesh...people really should just mind their own business!

Vikki

Author: washu Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4552 of 35757
Subject: Re: Funny Question Date: 4/2/2001 12:07 PM
<< One of my big and pregnant co-workers once told me, "but if you get pregnant and then your husband dies, then you'll always have a part of him with you." >>

Can't you do that with a jar of formaldehyde and a **really** sharp knife? :O

Washu! ^O^

Author: seattlerecruiter One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4553 of 35757
Subject: Re: Funny Question Date: 4/2/2001 12:15 PM
Recommendations: 2
We've had several people suggest to us that we should have children because we just purchased a home with extra bedrooms. No joke, more than one person. As if square footage is a reason to reproduce.

A single friend of mine who just bought a house has experienced the same thing.

Crazy!

- SR

Author: Tanaratige Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4567 of 35757
Subject: Re: Funny Question Date: 4/2/2001 6:34 PM
Recommendations: 2
We've had several people suggest to us that we should have children because we just
purchased a home with extra bedrooms. No joke, more than one person. As if square
footage is a reason to reproduce.

A single friend of mine who just bought a house has experienced the same thing.

I got told I was "goofy" for buying a 4 bedroom house with only 2 of us living in it. The laugh's on them because I got a 2100 SF house, with an extra lot for under $47.00 a SF. The smaller houses in my neighborhood come out to almost $70.00 a SF. I got a great once in a lifetime deal on the house and lot..I would have been goofy not to do it.
Tracey

Author: 1HappyFool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4592 of 35757
Subject: Re: Funny Question Date: 4/4/2001 6:28 PM
Recommendations: 5

A friend told me that I should have kids because all the stupid people are breeding like and making the human race more stupid. He said we needed smart people to offset that trend.

My response: If I voluntarily and intentionally did something I asn't interested in doing, wouldn't that show that I was stupid?

1HappyFool

Author: TheMoonglade Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4628 of 35757
Subject: Re: Funny Question Date: 4/5/2001 8:12 PM
"One of my big and pregnant co-workers once told me, "but if you get pregnant and then your husband dies, then you'll always have a part of him with you."
O K . . . .
Tracey

Yeah, I got that one too from my mother, and since I kept my "maiden" name, I also got the "What last name will your kids have, then?" I was like, hey, not a problem!

"Sheesh...people really should just mind their own business!
Vikki"

That would put Dear Abby AND Ms. Manners out of work tho :)

Moonglade

Author: SweetieBean One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4635 of 35757
Subject: Re: Funny Question Date: 4/6/2001 9:41 AM
"One of my big and pregnant co-workers once told me, "but if you get pregnant and then your
husband dies, then you'll always have a part of him with you."
O K . . . .

This kind of comment always floors me. I just look at the person and think, "So you WANT me to be a widow struggling to raise a little boy or girl on my own if he dies? What kindness!"

Author: CoffeeBean68 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4713 of 35757
Subject: Re: Funny Question Date: 4/11/2001 10:46 AM
"This kind of comment always floors me. I just look at the person and think, "So you WANT me to be a widow struggling to raise a little boy or girl on my own if he dies? What kindness!" "

Point well taken! As the child of a widow, I can tell you that it was a hard life for both mom and me. Dad died when I was only five, and my mom just couldn't handle the pressure. I believe that it put her into an early grave at the age of 50 (when I was only 16).

If DH dies before me, I'll have a lifetime of wonderful memories. I won't need a child to "comfort" me in my loneliness, that's what my good friends are for. And what a terrible burden to place on a child, anyway! And they call CF's selfish....sheesh.

Vikki

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (15) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement