UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Colovion Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 743969  
Subject: Funny Tweet Date: 12/4/2012 12:53 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 6
Well, perhaps not intended to be funny, but it was funny for personal reasons (which I shall share with the group, lol!)

It was a direct message from some artist saying:

"If you like depictions of Christ please feel free to check out my art here? [website]"

Yes, the question mark was there, which isn't the funny part. The funny part is that a depiction of Christ is a running gag on my father's side of the family.

Back in the day my father went to Mexico (in the 70's, before I was born) and brought back a "velvet Jesus" painting for my grandmother. My grandmother was the holiest of holy rollers. She LOVED that painting. The rest of us thought it was a bit creepy. Alright, we thought it was VERY creepy... the eyes follow you around!

Anyhow, my grandmother passed away several years ago and this painting has become a family white eleplant. If you go on vacation and leave a cousin the keys to feed your pets you're likely to come home with it somewhere in your home. Newlyweds have come home to it hung over their marital bed (yikes!) Once when they couldn't get into one cousin's home they propped it up against their doorwall so when they opened the blinds... there was Jesus staring in at them!

I haven't been victimized yet. I'm sure when we buy a house my time will come though. They're already grousing that I haven't been "hit" with it yet. The main reason is that I'm out here in Ann Arbor and they're all at least an hour away, which is a bit of a drive for a silly gag. But I can guarantee if we have an open house by the end of the day I'll be face to face with Velvet Jesus.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: ariechert Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 658254 of 743969
Subject: Re: Funny Tweet Date: 12/4/2012 2:10 PM
Recommendations: 0
"But I can guarantee if we have an open house by the end of the day I'll be face to face with Velvet Jesus." - colovion

Bonnie and I were given one of them by my baby sister's boyfriend, Eddie Gliken an Argentinian Jew. He said to us "ya'll like Jesus don't you?" It was sort of funny. I think it is buried down in one of the chests at the foot of our bed? We didn't throw it out, although we might have.

I think it's like a velvet Jesus on a rug? Typical Northern European Jesus which is probably nothing like he really looked. I'm betting he was a little wiry 5'2" black kinky haired Jew with an semetic hook nose and a scraggly beard.

Art

Author: decath Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 658274 of 743969
Subject: Re: Funny Tweet Date: 12/4/2012 3:22 PM
I have a clown painting that an aunt gave me after her 1st husband died. I guess I got it because the clown is playing golf and I play golf. It was done by a prominent artist so it is worth some money.

I don't like clowns so it sits in my closet, faced towards the wall. I sure would like to find out how much it is worth and sell it.

decath

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 658275 of 743969
Subject: Re: Funny Tweet Date: 12/4/2012 3:25 PM
I don't like clowns so it sits in my closet, faced towards the wall. I sure would like to find out how much it is worth and sell it.

decath

that's why God created Ebay!

Author: CCinOC Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 658285 of 743969
Subject: Re: Funny Tweet Date: 12/4/2012 4:21 PM
decath wrote: I sure would like to find out how much it is worth and sell it.

It depends who painted the clown. Red Skelton's paintings of clowns are quite valuable. If you'll recall, Skelton was himself a clown.

http://www.artcorporationofamerica.com/Red_Skelton.htm

Author: 2828 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 658289 of 743969
Subject: Re: Funny Tweet Date: 12/4/2012 4:38 PM
Recommendations: 1
It depends who painted the clown. Red Skelton's paintings of clowns are quite valuable. If you'll recall, Skelton was himself a clown.
------------------------------------------------------
So i guess if Obama starts painting clowns they'll be valuable.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement