Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: betelguese Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 85  
Subject: Re: Walmart Stores Date: 12/23/2000 5:01 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0

Fur, this is one answer I got from someone on the WMT MF Board. Looks like a smaller version of the supercenters but being the same size as a regular Wal-Mart. Not sure how this could play out for AMES since I don't know the target customer for these stores. If I get anymore answers I will forward them to this board.

-------------------------------------------------------

Its not unusual to find WMT stores in the midwest under 40,000 sq. ft. as they have existed for many years in smaller towns.

The new trend is to relocate many of these, since there usually isn't room at the current location, and build Supercenter's. They have prototype sizes of these smaller Supercenter's ranging from about 80,000 to 110,000 sq. ft.

So, to answer your question in the simplest sense, they are building smaller stores with grocery in smaller places, but they are about the size of what a regular WMT without grocery would be in a town of about 20,000 people or more.

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Saul's Investing Discussions

Why Did I Buy a Bunch of PFIE Today?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement