UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: Fuskie Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Ticker Guide SC1 Red Winner of the 2010 Rule Breakers Challenge Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 410  
Subject: Fuskie & The Mouse - Cost and Itinerary Date: 7/27/2010 5:42 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
As I mentioned over on the Disney board, I am heading down to Orlando this Friday for a 2 day Muggle visit to Hogwarts and then 7 days at the World the Mouse built. I figured I should post some details here for anyone who may be interested.

This will be my 14th trip since 1993, and only my second trip not associated with Braves Sprign Training in March. My reasons for going down now are simple: Main Street Electrical Parade ends its run on August 14th, Star Tours 1.0 closes in September, and Captain EO returns to Epcot. Oh, and that wizarding world island thing.

I costed out the trip through WDTC, AAA, the travel agency I used for last September's trip, and even looked at buying discount DVC points. In the end, since I was driving, I chose AAA. I am staying six nights at All Star Music (normally I stay at Port Orleans Riverside but I am trying to save money) in a preferred room. I have a 7 day single park MYW ticket and the Dining Plus plan. My total cost under $1400.

On the Universal side, I got a steal with a hotel less than a mile from the main entrance, 3 nights plus a 2 day single park ticket to Islands of Adventure for just $312. Add in $88 for two days food (two table service and two counter service meals) and the Harry Potter portion of the trip will cost just $400.

Plus, since I am driving the FuskieHybrid™, my fuel costs will be under $50 (I can drive the 450 miles on 3/4 of a tank of gas). My Disney Dining plan should cover all one table service meal (let's say $30), so my total cost of the Disney portion of the trip should be $1425. That puts the total cost of the trip at $1875.

Of course, that does not include sourveniers.

Saturday and Sunday will be spent at the Wizarding World and maybe some of the other rides if I have time. And of course Saturday night wouldn't be complete without a trip to Margarittaville at Citywalk.

Monday morning I will transfer to the World, drop my bags off and head straight over to Animal Kingdom, which has extra magic hours (EMH), 9am to 10pm. A late night dinner at T-Rex at Downtown Disney will complete the evening.

Tuesday will find me at Epcot, again an EMH night, where I have ADRs for Chefs de France where I hope to get to see Remmy.

Wednesday I will hit up Disney Hollywood Studios (what a surprise, its EMH night then as well, with the park closing at 11pm) with ADRs for Mama Melrose.

Thursday will be a return trip to DHS because Fantasmic! isn't showing on Wednesday. Plus I don't want to have to rush through the park in one day. Dining ADR here is Sci-Fi diner which I know is not everyone's favorite but it's been a while since I have been there.

Friday I will finally make it to Magic Kingdom, where Extra Magic Hours will keep me going until 2am. By this time I will definitely need a haircut on Main Street and dining at Crystal Palace.

Saturday I will drag my tired feet back to Magic Kingdom for a shorter day culminating with dinner at The Wave.

Sunday morning I will head back to Epcot for some Future World fun and lunch at Le Cellier before jumping back into the FuskieHybrid™ and heading back to Atlanta. I figuire if I get home by12am, I can be in the office Monday by 10am.

Whew, I am tired just thinking about it!

Oh, and if you want to come along with me on the trip, then just follow @FuskieBP on Twitter.

Fuskie
Who also has a Give A Day Get A Disney Day which since he already has a multi-day park ticket will use to get a special fastpass for use on his birthday...
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

2013 Feste Award Voting Begins!
Who will win the 2013 Feste Award? Vote now for the Fool that most exemplifies the Fool Community mission of Learning Together!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Berkshire Hathaway

Reestablishing the Middle Class
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement