Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Hi, Fools,
This is really exciting; I'm evidentally the first Fool to post to this board. I'm hoping that, like my recent investment in 'the Rock', this will be the early bird catching the worm.
After checking my Foolish 8 spreadsheet for January and doing a simple sort routine, I saw that 'the Rock' met all the criteria and further stood out from the others by not having a recent run up in the share price. Surprise! Is this an undiscovered gem? That's my hope!
The subject line is a quote from a famous American Civil War general of cavalry in the Western Theater, Nathan Bedford Forrest. When asked what his secret was for all of his strategically astute attacks against the flanks and rear of Gen. Grant's advancing army, he replied, "I get there fustest with the mustest!"
In Yankee parlance, he meant that he arrived at the decided point of encounter early enough to prepare his larger force to surprise the enemy and defeat him.
While equity investments should not be seen as an adverserial endeavor, the individual investor does encounter the might and power of the institutional investor; David and Goliath, if you will.
However, the object of the meeting is not to vanquish a foe but rather for the Foolish, with quick wits and a simple, unfettered investment approach to prosper from the ponderous, byzantine mechinations of the Wise.
So, I'm hoping that I have beat the Wise to the punch by finding and investing in 'the Rock'when the a share is moderately priced before the Cabal of Wall Street notices it . Is this the next MicroSoft, Intel or Yahoo!? Time will tell. And, as a long-term investor, I have plenty of that!
Fool on!
Doug
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement