Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: HoverDuck One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 291  
Subject: Future prospects? Date: 12/13/2005 1:58 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Anyone have feelings good or bad about the future of NABI?

Just trying to determine if it is worth picking some of this up?

Thanks!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Wolfshead56 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 272 of 291
Subject: Re: Future prospects? Date: 12/13/2005 2:22 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
I still like the iea of the nicotine vaccine and the company still has some appeal but it seems more like a long range now rather than something in the next 3-4 years that I thought it might be. I just sold my shares in my taxable account to claim the loss for this year but will be buying them back in 30 days into my Roth since it looks like more of a long range deal.

herb

Author: nobody7 One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 273 of 291
Subject: Re: Future prospects? Date: 12/14/2005 9:53 PM
....Shoot... i don't know .. Still pretty upset with these guys ...

Ya know ? .. I liked the Nic-vax idea for a long time .. Being a smoker i see a real value in it { plus the psychological value } ..

But they said they had great results with Staph-vax .. look where that ended up !

The funny thing is .. Nic-Vax doesn't really have to work to be a success ..

its the psycology of a "medical cure" that will be attractive ..and successful for smokers ..

{ From memory ..} .. i believe that Nabi stated in one of their trials that they got around 33% success rate with Nic-vax compared to a placebo group .. But when the placebo group got further support { group support ect .. } the placebo group actually did around 34% success rate ..

Smoking is chemical addiction to be sure ..nothing more ..nothing less .. but it is a very very mild one { Humm... That statement is bound to get some whoop-la }

Take a Heroin addict for example { or another if you wish } ..

When they go through withdrawls.. they actually can have convulsions, sweats , shakes .. any number of things

But smokers can sleep all night long without any problem ..

Some smokers will even go all day without having a cigarette.. Imagine .. all day long they are going through withdrawls and they don't even realize it ..

Sometimes smokers get so focused on work, {or what have you } that they even forget that they smoke .. till someone or something reminds them..

Then you have the reverse .. Most smokers have lit a cigarette .. and then tried to light another cigarette.. forgetting that the first cigarette is already in their mouth ..and they burn the back of their hand while trying to put the second cigarette in their mouth ... I've done this myself .. how exactly does this happen ? .. or why exactly ?

..or why the "chain smoker" ...
..or why do cigarettes " taste better " after meals ?

.. in any event .. i suspect Nabi will continue to have good results with Nic-vax weather it works or not ..

However .. unlike the nic-gum and nic-patches and nic-breath mints on the market { with which people quit smoking inspite of using these products ..not because they're using these products } ... I don't believe the Nic-vax is nicotine based .. so its a kind of a " true approach " .. not just something thats full of nicotine and you step down gradually ....

Author: StockOperator Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 274 of 291
Subject: Re: Future prospects? Date: 12/14/2005 10:41 PM
Recommendations: 1
Ya know ? .. I liked the Nic-vax idea for a long time .. Being a smoker i see a real value in it { plus the psychological value } ..
But they said they had great results with Staph-vax .. look where that ended up !

Buy on panic, sell on hope .. the old investment saying goes.

Author: cocacolakidcp One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 275 of 291
Subject: Re: Future prospects? Date: 12/19/2005 1:10 PM
Some smokers will even go all day without having a cigarette.. Imagine .. all day long they are going through withdrawls and they don't even realize it ..

It's true! My mother once went into the afternoon before she realized she hadn't had a cigarette. She tried to see how long she then could go without smoking. 23 years later, she's smoke free. Unfortunately, Nic-Vax wasn't involved.

:-)))Chuck

Author: Wolfshead56 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 276 of 291
Subject: Re: Future prospects? Date: 12/19/2005 1:28 PM

It's true! My mother once went into the afternoon before she realized she hadn't had a cigarette. She tried to see how long she then could go without smoking. 23 years later, she's smoke free. Unfortunately, Nic-Vax wasn't involved.

My family were heavy smokers, I'm the only one who didn't, on a regular basis at least. I did try a pipe for awhile and still have the occassional cigar. My dad had a heart attack while young and tried to give up smoking at least 3 times using all sorts of aids like the gum and other aids. Could never do it. Finally one day my mother and him just went cold turkey. Amazingly they have been without for over 20 years now. Also amazing is that cigarette smoke, rather than make them yearn for a butt, makes them want to retch. My brother followed a few years later, again cold turkey. He still gets a yen now and then tho.

herb

Author: cocacolakidcp One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 277 of 291
Subject: Re: Future prospects? Date: 12/19/2005 1:41 PM
Finally one day my mother and him just went cold turkey.

Herb,

What it boils down to is, one cannot quit smoking unless one really wants to. Nic-Vax, Nicotrol, or nicotine gum won't work unless the smoker really sets his or her mind to quitting.

:-)))Chuck

Author: nobody7 One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 278 of 291
Subject: Re: Future prospects? Date: 12/20/2005 10:05 AM
Chuck is absolutely correct ! Herb too !

Smoking is difficult to end exactly BECAUSE we've been TOLD for years and years and years that its difficult to quit ... Smokers have been brainwashed into thinking its tough .. { and much more beside ..}

But that makes for an unusual play with NABI .. or at least an unusual reason to buy the stock for the NIC-VAX

Weather it technically works or not .. it WILL work , because people believe it will .. the more people use it , the better press it will recieve , the more people will believe ..bit of a feed back loop

Also.. Herb { if i can be so bold } .. you have answered the eternal question of why do cigarettes taste good after a meal ... THEY DON'T

They taste the SAME... first breath to last... that is why the cigarette makes them want to retch .. once they are free for a while .. they finially " taste " the true taste ... and its always the same .. nasty ..

as for wishing for the odd cigarette from time to time ... it is a left over stigmatisim .. like loosing an arm and still feeling pain in the fingers .. tell him he hasn't " quit " anything ! He's ESCAPED ! escaped the nasty tasting ... cancer causing .. expensive .. TRAP that cig companies manipulate on to unsuspecting youngsters ..HE hasn't given up ANYTHING ..He's FREE ! And he should not doubt his decision for one second ! my congrats to all who have escaped ..

Author: nobody7 One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 279 of 291
Subject: Re: Future prospects? Date: 12/20/2005 5:14 PM
... Well Nabi lost quite a bit of money in europe ..closed operations

I almost had myself talked into buying some nabi this morning :-)

in the end i guess i like nabi .. and if i had some extra cash i would buy some at these prices ..

But at the risk of sounding like a shmuk.. { because its the only stock i have worth mentioning } and i've touted it for a while ..

I encourge everyone and anyone to look at a company called Biophan Technologies { BIPH } .. go to their web site... and SLOWLY .. and THROUGHLY .. look at everything they have to say ..

Go back to the old stuff ... listen to ALL the american scene broadcasts .. Make it your week long activity to investigate this company { They do what they say and they say what they mean . }

I personally would rather buy BIPH today than BIDU or GOOGLE when they first came out... { But naturally i wish i would have owned all three :-} }

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement