Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (28) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: WasPokey Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 4775  
Subject: FYI Date: 8/12/2009 10:10 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 4
I no longer like my job.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: whafa Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4742 of 4775
Subject: Re: FYI Date: 8/13/2009 6:52 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
(((pokey)))

Author: WasPokey Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4743 of 4775
Subject: Re: FYI Date: 8/13/2009 9:53 AM
What can I do other than fantasizing about smashing everyone's face in with a 2x4. It's the only thing that gives me joy, really.

Author: whafa Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4744 of 4775
Subject: Re: FYI Date: 8/13/2009 11:12 AM
Recommendations: 0
What can I do other than fantasizing about smashing everyone's face in with a 2x4. It's the only thing that gives me joy, really.

You could make ex-Lax brownies and leave them, unmarked, in the fridge.

Author: WasPokey Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4745 of 4775
Subject: Re: FYI Date: 8/13/2009 11:22 AM
I just don't want to be here anymore. Every day I wake up and think what it would be like to just stop going to work. Sure I would need money eventually but I could make it a few months.

Author: LCKitten Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4746 of 4775
Subject: Re: FYI Date: 8/13/2009 12:01 PM
OK.

Do you hate your job or your current project?

Tell Gumby to get off his heiny and get a job so that you can quit yours and like around all day eating bon-bons and watching your stories.

LCK

Author: WasPokey Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4747 of 4775
Subject: Re: FYI Date: 8/13/2009 12:07 PM
Tell Gumby to get off his heiny and get a job so that you can quit yours and like around all day eating bon-bons and watching your stories.

That is totally my plan. I want to be a stay at home cat mom, but that idea is not flying.

Author: WasPokey Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4748 of 4775
Subject: Re: FYI Date: 8/13/2009 12:13 PM
And to be fair Gumby is totally off his heiny looking for jobs all day every day, but I cannot help feel a little bit of resentment in the fact that I am working at a job all day that I hate and he gets to sit at home and when I complain about my job and say I wish I could quit I get the "It's not it's all cracked up to be" lecture about sitting at home and not being part of the work force, but honestly? I have been part of the work force for over 10 years, and doing it for another 30 is not sounding so hot right now.

Author: WasPokey Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4749 of 4775
Subject: Re: FYI Date: 8/13/2009 12:27 PM
Or maybe I am totally overreacting and I am totally over-focused on my feelings because this is one of the few areas of my life where I am unhappy and maybe it will just all go away in a few weeks once I understand what the hell this project is about.

yeah, let's say that.

Author: whafa Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4750 of 4775
Subject: Re: FYI Date: 8/13/2009 1:11 PM
My step-dad always tells me, "Don't throw out the bad water until you get some good water."

Author: WasPokey Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4751 of 4775
Subject: Re: FYI Date: 8/13/2009 1:23 PM
I would never quit my job without having another one lined up no matter what the circumstances, but I would be lying if I didn't say that some days it is tempting.

Author: whafa Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4752 of 4775
Subject: Re: FYI Date: 8/13/2009 1:54 PM
I came this close > < to just walking out and never coming back, sometime last November or so. Hang in there, Poke.

Author: R0TJob Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4753 of 4775
Subject: Re: FYI Date: 8/13/2009 1:55 PM
I just don't want to be here anymore. Every day I wake up and think what it would be like to just stop going to work. Sure I would need money eventually but I could make it a few months.

Welcome to my world.

Author: R0TJob Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4754 of 4775
Subject: Re: FYI Date: 8/13/2009 1:58 PM
I have taken up nervously grinding my letter opener on my desk while I am on the phone. I have made a 1/16" indention in it over the last 6 months.

I think I understand the behavior of prisoners a lot better. It's all about finding something, anything, to help pass the time. One of these days I am going to start tunnelling under the wall.

Author: WasPokey Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4755 of 4775
Subject: Re: FYI Date: 8/13/2009 2:06 PM
Oh if it weren't for TMF and FB I would have gone completely stir-crazy by now.

Author: R0TJob Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4756 of 4775
Subject: Re: FYI Date: 8/13/2009 3:44 PM
Oh if it weren't for TMF and FB I would have gone completely stir-crazy by now.

I'm pretty much been doing TMF for 7 years. At times it seemed more like a job than my real job(s) and I backed off from time to time. Facebook is fun for 5 min distractions, but for longterm preoccupation, it sucks.

My drug of choice for the last 2 years has been astroempires.com, but even that gets boring, and I play on all 7 servers.

I've run an ebay business from work. I've written 37,000 posts here, at least 1000 of which have some sort of actual content. I've listened to at least 100 unabridged audiobooks, including the entire King James bible twice and the Qur'an once. I've built and destroyed relationships. I've slept for what probably adds up to an entire year. I've played texas holdem on my cell phone for weeks at a time. I've made sculptures out of erasers and push pins. But in the end, I am just as bored as I was when it all began.

And by today's calculation, I still have 25 more years to serve.

And there is no parole.

Author: WasPokey Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4757 of 4775
Subject: Re: FYI Date: 8/13/2009 3:49 PM
Wow. I think you somehow just depressed me even more. Thanks.

Author: R0TJob Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4758 of 4775
Subject: Re: FYI Date: 8/13/2009 3:52 PM
Wow. I think you somehow just depressed me even more. Thanks.

Sorry. Just keeping it real.

RJ - keeping it real.

Author: whafa Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4759 of 4775
Subject: Re: FYI Date: 8/13/2009 4:08 PM
Wow. That really sucks. I wake up every morning excited to go to work. I think you underestimate the mental drain having a sucky job has. Are you just there because it's easy and you're lazy? Why don't you find something you love?

Author: R0TJob Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4760 of 4775
Subject: Re: FYI Date: 8/13/2009 4:11 PM
Are you just there because it's easy and you're lazy?

Yes.

Why don't you find something you love?

There is not a huge job market for playing video games, watching movies, taking naps, louging by the pool, and making 6 figures a year.

I'm not even sure if there is schooling for that.

Author: R0TJob Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4761 of 4775
Subject: Re: FYI Date: 8/13/2009 4:11 PM
PS.

I wake up every morning excited to go to work.

Eat me.

Author: whafa Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4762 of 4775
Subject: Re: FYI Date: 8/13/2009 4:32 PM
There is not a huge job market for playing video games, watching movies, taking naps, louging by the pool, and making 6 figures a year.

I'm not even sure if there is schooling for that.

Wow. Have you read Kierkegaard? Your life is already over, man. You're just waiting for your body to stop moving. Sucks to be you!

Author: whafa Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4763 of 4775
Subject: Re: FYI Date: 8/13/2009 4:33 PM
Eat me.

Haw!

Author: R0TJob Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4764 of 4775
Subject: Re: FYI Date: 8/13/2009 4:43 PM
Wow. Have you read Kierkegaard? Your life is already over, man. You're just waiting for your body to stop moving. Sucks to be you!

I am not a drone, defined by the sum total of my works. I do not live to work. I work to live.

Author: Sedated Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4765 of 4775
Subject: Re: FYI Date: 8/13/2009 4:51 PM

Pokey
Sedated

Author: whafa Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4766 of 4775
Subject: Re: FYI Date: 8/13/2009 5:59 PM
I am not a drone, defined by the sum total of my works. I do not live to work. I work to live.

I dunno, it sounds like you work to play video games, watch movies, take naps, and louge by the pool. If you consider that life, well...

Author: BlackFrank Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4767 of 4775
Subject: Re: FYI Date: 8/14/2009 9:34 AM
Recommendations: 2

Pokey
Sedated
BlackFrank

I keep telling a friend, who recently became a house-husband, that he's living the dream. He thinks I'm making fun of him and questioning his masculinity; which I am. But, secretly I envy him.

Author: sofaking6 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4768 of 4775
Subject: Re: FYI Date: 8/17/2009 1:27 PM
And to be fair Gumby is totally off his heiny looking for jobs all day every day, but I cannot help feel a little bit of resentment in the fact that I am working at a job all day that I hate and he gets to sit at home and when I complain about my job and say I wish I could quit I get the "It's not it's all cracked up to be" lecture about sitting at home and not being part of the work force, but honestly? I have been part of the work force for over 10 years, and doing it for another 30 is not sounding so hot right now.

Back up...is he sitting at YOUR home all day?

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (28) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement