UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (19) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: CCinOC Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 127815  
Subject: FYI: When Rules Collide Date: 7/12/2013 6:29 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
I feel so sorry for today's mortgage consumer. Here's what I just had to explain to one of my customers.

My processor and I have not been doing nothing for the past 1.5 days. Many back-and-forth communications have taken place to get your loan out of QC [quality control]. At this time, it’s still not out of QC, so I can’t order the loan docs.

Before the appraised value came in, your file was submitted under United Wholesale Mortgage’s “Elite” program. The Elite program requires three features:

760+ FICO score
70% LTV or less
$250,000+ loan amount

As you know, Fannie Mae requires that disputed credit bureau accounts be deleted from the consumer’s credit report. However, due to the three credit pulls we had to make while we were working on this issue, for reasons you're well aware of, you lost FICO points. Your governing score is no longer 760; it’s 748. While a loan is now possible, whereas it wasn’t before, there’s no advantage to lowering the loan amount to 70% LTV ($336,000).

I also determined that UWM charges an impound waiver fee no matter how low the LTV is. This is a bit unusual in the lending industry, but that’s their rule and we must accept it.

As a result of the clarifications we sought regarding credit and appraisal issues, we chewed up a lot of lock time. As of today, it’s not possible to close this loan before your lock expires on July 18. Therefore, we must extend the rate lock to accommodate the Federally mandated 3-day right of rescission. The fee for extending the rate lock is...

2 days = .125
7 days = .25
15 days = .375

I’m working with the wholesale rep to determine how many days extension would be reasonable considering work flow demands on UWM’s pipeline. I’ll get back to you about this as soon as I hear from someone at UWM.

A consumer has the right to dispute incorrect information on his/her credit profile, but the Agencies don't care about that. They want the notation removed, end of story, or the loan is not sellable.

At least this borrower locked before the recent run-up in rates.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (19) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Useful Resources
Our Home Center has all you need to make buying and owning a home a great experience. Get or refinance a mortgage and much more!
Buying/Selling a Home FAQ

Mortgage Professor
Offsite resource for mortgage questions.
Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Looking at Currency Ratios
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement