UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Colovion Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 737070  
Subject: Gah, more technophobia Date: 10/10/2012 1:24 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
I know, this probably has already been posted:

http://rt.com/usa/news/texas-school-id-hernandez-033/

Texas schools punish students who refuse to be tracked with microchips

It's basically just RFID equipped ID's. The same as I carry around with me every day at work. I don't have a choice, I can't get through the door without it! Not just the front door, but several other doors, not just in my building but all around campus. But that's a good thing. Why? Because it's pretty easy for departments to grant/revoke permissions with a couple entries in a program. It works a hell of a lot better than keys, which can be easily copied, lost or simply kept when fired. If I were canned they could revoke all of my permissions and even if I still had my card it would be useless. Plus we do check card logs as part of investigations (something was stolen from an area? Who went into that area? Who didn't? Someone has some explaining to do!)

As for the "mark-of-the-beast" stuff... that's just garbage. They said the same thing about bar-codes on food. I have absolutely zero patience with people who think like that. Being religious is fine, being stupid is not. There's a world of difference between the two.

And tracking kids in schools violates their privacy? What privacy?!? The school is RESPONSIBLE for their safety in their building, they not only have a right but a duty to know that the kids are where they are supposed to be when they are supposed to be! If I were to go to my kid's school to get him and they said, "Uh, we don't know where he is" there would be hell to pay! The reason they instituted it was truancy that is costing the district millions of dollars. Hell, the kids are lucky I'm not in charge! Carrying a card? PFFT! Here's your chip, which body part would you like it implanted in? I'd do it, damn straight!
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
TMFDeej's CAPS Blog

Activist Investors Unlocking Value at LSB Industries?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement