Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: lawyerboy40 One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121256  
Subject: Gains Keeper Date: 2/4/2008 4:11 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Unfortunately I let the tax planning tools powered by GainsKeeper expire without using it for 2007 tax purposes. I was wondering if it is worth the money, 24.95 I probably have twenty short-term sales of stock and I believe the Wash Rule may apply to some of them. No brainer right? Buy it?

I was also wondering if the cost associated with this GainsKeeper software can be deducted somewhere?

thanks
Print the post Back To Top
Author: irasmilo Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 98302 of 121256
Subject: Re: Gains Keeper Date: 2/4/2008 4:40 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Unfortunately I let the tax planning tools powered by GainsKeeper expire without using it for 2007 tax purposes. I was wondering if it is worth the money, 24.95 I probably have twenty short-term sales of stock and I believe the Wash Rule may apply to some of them. No brainer right? Buy it?

I was also wondering if the cost associated with this GainsKeeper software can be deducted somewhere?

I can't tell you whether it's worth the 24.95 or not, but if you do purchase it, the expense is a miscellaneous itemized deduction subject to 2% AGI threshold.

Ira

Author: lawyerboy40 One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 98441 of 121256
Subject: Re: Gains Keeper Date: 2/7/2008 5:12 PM
Thanks Ira.

Hey, does anyone know if one can download zecco files to Quicken and figure out capital gains from a Quicken spreadsheet?

Thanks.

Author: irasmilo Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 98443 of 121256
Subject: Re: Gains Keeper Date: 2/7/2008 5:45 PM
Hey, does anyone know if one can download zecco files to Quicken and figure out capital gains from a Quicken spreadsheet?

I don't know the download answer, but you should be careful when using any Quicken investment report. Quicken has a number of very longstanding quirks/bugs when it comes to calculating cost basis and gain.

Ira

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement