Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: bowled818 One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 21  
Subject: Gambling / pot money Date: 4/21/2008 5:39 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Well, the last night of bowling had the pots doubled! I brought out a different ball and it worked quite nicely in practice - 277. So I plunked $75 to get in a variety of pots. I haven't gambled in about 3 months but really saw the potential winnings and wanted in.

Unfortunately after the 2nd frame of the first game I found the finger grip of my ring finger hole was missing! It must have come off in back somewhere and was lost forever. Needless to say that freaked me out and I didn't bowl well that night at all. A 577 series lost me $75 and I feel horrible for gambling in the first place. For me averaging 206, that sure was a rough night.

Does anyone else have much luck with the local pots?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Globetraveler Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 18 of 21
Subject: Re: Gambling / pot money Date: 4/24/2008 12:03 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
A 577 series lost me $75 and I feel horrible for gambling in the first place. For me averaging 206, that sure was a rough night.

You are certainly in an entirely differnt caliber group than anyone I know. I bowl in a Friday night league and most people would kill for a 577 series.

For me right now, I'm frustrated with league play and pots. With are league having an 80% handicap, I'm just throwing money away to the top teams. I just started bowling for fun, but this sport seems too cutthorat and the way the league is run to bilk the high handicap players to fund for thier huge $2000 and $3000 awards really sucks.

Author: bowled818 One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 19 of 21
Subject: Re: Gambling / pot money Date: 4/25/2008 10:38 AM
For me right now, I'm frustrated with league play and pots. With are league having an 80% handicap, I'm just throwing money away to the top teams. I just started bowling for fun, but this sport seems too cutthorat and the way the league is run to bilk the high handicap players to fund for thier huge $2000 and $3000 awards really sucks.

I know exactly how you feel. My Friday night league also has an 80% handicap rule but based on the difference between average and 230! There were actually 2 guys averaging 229 for the entire season. I actually ended up around 205 and that was 42nd place.

My team had two guys averaging in the high 170's and we were not competitive at all. It sucks to be in the lower quarter percentile of 18 teams! The bonus money was handed to the top 4 teams - each third winner and the wild card winning most points entire season without the win.

Next year I got a place on a better team with some friends so I may just enjoy the league a bit better. But it certainly doesn't cater to the lower averages.

Author: bdgf06 Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 21 of 21
Subject: Re: Gambling / pot money Date: 5/2/2008 4:16 PM
Take heart, a 577 with a 206 ave. isnt a huge disaster, probably meant you caught some bad breaks on leaving some back row pins and missed a spare or two you usually make.

Losing $75 however makes it sting a lot worse. We are supposed to be Bowling Fools on this board... hahaha

I myself don't gamble much except when I go to USBCs. I save up all year just to dump $100 or so on myself for brackets in minor events. Last year I tripled my money, if I break even or get myself a free dinner or something in Albequerque.

bdgf06

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement