UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: kenm47 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 3278  
Subject: Game of Thrones HBO S2 Date: 4/10/2012 9:14 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Not seeing discussions here, at TV board, or so far on the net generally on how they are changing things on HBO.

I knew it was going to be difficult to follow Martin's roadmap and cover all the ground and all the new characters and do Book 2 in S2, but at times it feels like they are planning at some point to veer wildly from the books.

There have been some things already that I think are questionable (but that requires my memories of the books to be accurate, and not always sure it is). IIRC, Cersei, not Joffrey, is behind the Baratheon Bastards hunt to the death. Not sure what they have in mind in distancing her from that call -- some redemption that wasn't in the books?

More annoying to me is a flat out sex tryst between Stannis and Melisandre - seems counter to the idea of Stannis as rigid code guy. Seems they're dumping Stannis' wife, daughter and Fool from their already very crowded cast. But Stannis was, again IIRC, taken with Melisandre declaring him as the one true king for her God of Light than for booty calls.

HBO seems breast fixated. Seems at times unnecessary time wasting with so much story to tell.

Ken
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Considerable Headwinds for Profire Energy?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement