No. of Recommendations: 4
So I decluttered 150+ boxes over the last couple of years, and now I'm getting to the nitty gritty of what is left. Which basically means my office and my closet. Neither is terribly cluttered, both are functional, but both could be better. I'm not much of a minimalist even after all I've gotten rid of, but I'm definitely not a clutterer anymore, either. I'd say I'm on the decluttered end of normal.

Back to my closet. I did just pull a large bag of clothing out of there, and I don't see much else happening until we know for sure we are done having children and I can get rid of my maternity and post-maternity wardrobe. So I feel like I'm at a standstill there. For now.

My office, though, is another story. I haven't spent much time in there in a long time. Stuff goes in to be dealt with, and gets dealt with.... Eventually. Over the weekend I spent probably a half a dozen hours in there updating YNAB, filing papers, tossing lots of papers into the trash or the shred pile, putting children's art projects away, etc. I also have the goal of getting everything off the floor that doesn't belong on the floor. I did accomplish part of that goal by removing my old printer and scanner from the shelves (replaced months ago by a combination machine that is AWESOME!) and using that shelf space for things that had been on the floor. And another part of that goal was accomplished by removing a few items that just don't belong in my office and need to go elsewhere in the house.

Somehow, though, all the great work I've done in my office doesn't feel satisfying, and I'm not sure why. It looks okay. I've almost got everything off the floor. I've decluttered a ton of stuff from in there. It's got everything in there that I want in there (books, home office stuff, and art supplies).

Anyways, anyone have some suggestions for my office? I'm not sure if it needs a little sprucing up or more decluttering or if I just need a good night's sleep. Sigh....

Cassandra
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement