Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: RodimusPrime Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 2767  
Subject: game table? Date: 1/16/2013 2:19 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I want to purchase a dedicated game table for my home... it should fit 4 or 5 people comfortably... I prefer round... it can't be enormous and bulky.

Any suggestions?

--Rod
Print the post Back To Top
Author: 5761796E65 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2738 of 2767
Subject: Re: game table? Date: 1/17/2013 9:41 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Poker table? Typically it would be a felt-covered playing surface. The table edges can be padded for comfort. Many will also include cup holders built in.

Author: TheJTrain Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2739 of 2767
Subject: Re: game table? Date: 1/17/2013 10:28 AM
Seconded on the poker table. Check stores that sell pool tables & barstools and game room stuff, they usually have some options.

JT

Author: Gordogato Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Ticker Guide Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2740 of 2767
Subject: Re: game table? Date: 1/17/2013 10:58 AM
Watch Craigslist for that sort of thing (provided you have access to a large enough vehicle to transport a poker table). When people downsize their households or otherwise need to make space in their homes, things like gaming tables are often the first to go.

Author: RodimusPrime Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2741 of 2767
Subject: Re: game table? Date: 1/17/2013 11:45 AM
It's for card and board games... but not having a man cave and not playing poker I didn't know where to look. Thanks, everyone.

--Rod

Author: rev2217 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2744 of 2767
Subject: Re: game table? Date: 1/18/2013 1:16 PM
Recommendations: 2
Rod,

I saw some absolutely gorgeous wood inlay game tables in the town of Anacapri, on the Isle of Capri off of Naples, Italy. Each table came with four matching chairs, and they use an acrylic finish that is not damaged by hot or cold beverages, even if you don't use coasters. The demonstration of the table went somthing like this.

>> The top of the table flips over to reveal a wood inlay board for checkers and chess

>> Remove the top, and there's a felt surface marked for blackjack.

>> Flip the felt surface over, and it's a plain felt surface for bridge, poker, or other card cames.

>> Lift the felt surface off, and there's a small roulette wheel and board with storage on either side for checkers and chess men.

>> And lift the tray containing the small roulette wheel out, and there's a backgammon board.

The table is a showpiece that would look great in any parlor or other public room in your home, and each table comes with four matching chairs.

When I was there a decade or more ago, the representative said that they would ship them anywhere in the world for $5,000. It's probably a bit more expensive now due to current unfavorable exchange rates, but still a great deal. Sooner or later, I will return to Anacapri to buy one of these for my home.

The tables that I saw were square, but they probably would make a round version if were to ask.

Norm.

Author: BlazerMania Big red star, 1000 posts Ticker Guide CAPS All Star SC1 Red Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2747 of 2767
Subject: Re: game table? Date: 1/26/2013 9:37 PM
Check out any furniture consignment stores near you. There are three near me that I visit regularly, and I often see all kinds of different game tables.

Fletch

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement