Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: zoningfool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 204061  
Subject: Gap Target Hit Date: 3/4/2013 12:23 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Gap Target of $426.69 set here:

http://boards.fool.com/gap-target-42669-30504628.aspx

was reached today
Print the post Back To Top
Author: awlabrador Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 191945 of 204061
Subject: Re: Gap Target Hit Date: 3/4/2013 12:42 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Gap Target of $426.69 set here:

http://boards.fool.com/gap-target-42669-30504628.aspx

was reached today

Okay.

Now what? That is, what does it mean to hit a gap target going down, and where does AAPL go once the target is reached?

-awlabrador (not an active follower of TA)

Author: KodiakBear Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 191946 of 204061
Subject: Re: Gap Target Hit Date: 3/4/2013 12:50 PM
>> Now what? That is, what does it mean to hit a gap target going down, and where does AAPL go once the target is reached? <<

In theory, it should induce chart huggers to cover their shorts.

KB

Author: zoningfool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 191950 of 204061
Subject: Re: Gap Target Hit Date: 3/4/2013 2:32 PM
Recommendations: 1
In the case of Janny's Gap Theory--it doesn't mean a stock won't go lower--I'm posting the hit simply validate that the stock price went low enough to reach the gap target set--that if you had, at the time the target was set, waited to buy you could've gotten in at a lower price. (Conversely, when there is a gap-up day, you could make a larger profit if you wait until the stock hits the gap target to sell).

I've posted targets on many stocks, most (not all but most) have hit that target either in the short- or medium-term. Whenever I post the target I try to do the follow-up documenting when the target was hit.

Author: zoningfool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 191951 of 204061
Subject: Re: Gap Target Hit Date: 3/4/2013 2:42 PM
adding...on the day the gap target of $426.69 was posted (1/24/13) the stock opened at $460 and closed at $450.50.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement