Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0

I haven't looked at IB for about 3-4 years, I use Questrade which is Canadian based. Effectively you have a US and a Canuck account under one account but each has their own segregated currency. You can convert back and forth but don't need to.

If you are moving to Canada somewhat permanently I would not recommend IB as you would not be able to use registered accounts**** with them.

**** RRSP – Registered Retirement Savings Accounts
TFSA – Tax Free Savings Accounts (you can goggle them).

I think there are one or two others but I've never used them.

Print the post  


The Great Foolish North
Canadian social and off-topic banter.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.