Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: hsmith1415 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Global Fool Most Active, Foolanthropy 2013 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 2807  
Subject: Garmin Q4 results Date: 2/20/2013 8:42 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 5
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/garmin-forecasts-weak-fourth-q......

Garmin Reports 2012 Results; Initiates $300 Million Share Repurchase Program

Fourth Quarter 2012 Financial Summary:
Total revenue of $769 million, down 16% from $910 million in fourth quarter 2011:
Automotive/Mobile segment revenue decreased 25% to $437 million
Outdoor segment revenue decreased 2% to $119 million
Fitness segment revenue increased 10% to $104 million
Aviation segment revenue decreased 2% to $70 million
Marine segment revenue decreased 9% to $39 million
Geographically, revenues decreased in all regions compared to fourth quarter 2011:
Americas revenue was $445 million compared to $537 million, down 17%
EMEA revenue was $253 million compared to $301 million, down 16%
APAC revenue was $71 million compared to $72 million, down 1%
Gross margin increased to 49% compared to 48% in fourth quarter 2011
Operating margin decreased to 19% compared to 22% in fourth quarter 2011
Diluted EPS decreased 22% to $0.66 from $0.85 in fourth quarter 2011; pro forma EPS decreased 29% to $0.68 from $0.96 in the same quarter of 2011. (Pro forma EPS excludes the impact of foreign currency transaction gains or losses.)
Effective tax rate increased to 16.5% from 10.6% in fourth quarter 2011
Generated $163 million of free cash flow in fourth quarter 2012...

Usually they have a great report and the market ignores it. This one is not so great, and the market will surely hammer them. They are still a cash flow machine and have $3B in cash. That and the dividend keep me holding, along with the growth they have in their non-auto segments (at least on average, just not this quarter). Marine and Aviation will pick up with the economy. But they still need to replace the lost revenue from auto to some degree. I'll continue to look for that. At least the divi should create a bottom for the stock. And I do like the buyback - I hope it's not just lip service...

Howard
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Apple

The Saddest Place on iPhone Day
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement