UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: LTInvestorJim Big red star, 1000 posts Ticker Guide Global Fool SC1 Blue Captain Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 7921  
Subject: Gasfrac (GSFVF.PK) -- waterless fracking Date: 3/30/2012 10:32 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
First of all credit where credit is due --- 123spot posted about this company on the SA WPRT board.

This might be an interesting company to look at. They are an early stage technology company in Canada that is developing a technology for fracking oil and gas wells using propane and butane instead of water to deliver the proppant. Of course the advantage is the environmental and cost benefits in not having to deal with the waste water. They have a US subsidiary with customers in the US and Canada.

Revenue is growing rapidly ($161M in 2011, $97M in 2010, $30M in 2009), close to break-even, some debt but not a whole lot. I haven't analyzed the financials in detail, but at first glance they look reasonable for an early stage technology company. The stock would definitely be a speculation, but the implications of the technology, if it is successful, could be huge, and could get a boost from government regulations.

www.gasfrac.com

Jim
Print the post Back To Top
Author: MiQuerencia One star, 50 posts Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7876 of 7921
Subject: Re: Gasfrac (GSFVF.PK) -- waterless fracking Date: 3/30/2012 10:40 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Hi Jim,

I'm holding a small, speculative position in Gsafrac and I think it could be a real winner. Giving credit where it's due, I'm following Robert (TMFDoodlebugger) on this one.

http://my.fool.com/profile/TMFDoodleBugger/info.aspx

Best,

John

Author: MiQuerencia One star, 50 posts Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7877 of 7921
Subject: Re: Gasfrac (GSFVF.PK) -- waterless fracking Date: 3/30/2012 10:44 AM
Jim,

Just noticed my misspelling in the previous post...

You might also want to take a look at CJES, another one Robert has touted.

John

Author: LTInvestorJim Big red star, 1000 posts Ticker Guide Global Fool SC1 Blue Captain Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7878 of 7921
Subject: Re: Gasfrac (GSFVF.PK) -- waterless fracking Date: 3/30/2012 11:05 AM
Recommendations: 1
Thanks, John. I think if TMFDoodlebugger likes the company, that's a very good sign.

Just looking at the investor presentation right now --

http://www.gasfrac.com/assets/docs/PDFS/presentations/GASFRA...

The environmental benefits are pretty amazing. It's not just all that water, but they save a lot of CO2 emissions as well.

The other impressive thing about the technology is that the company believes that the fracking zone is much larger than with conventional technology, due to the fact that the liquid propane mixture is less viscous and penetrates further.

Jim

Author: hevElee One star, 50 posts Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7879 of 7921
Subject: Re: Gasfrac (GSFVF.PK) -- waterless fracking Date: 3/30/2012 1:58 PM
Jim,

I've been following GSFVF for about a year now. Bought a small amount of shares early on and have added to them a couple times.

About a year ago they had an accident at a site that injured (burned) three workers, but they addressed the problems then and I've seen no indications since of problems.

I live in Wyo, near where some water and air quality problems have been speculated to be due to fraccing. There's still a lot of controversy and study going on over it here, but from everything I understand of the GSFVF

Author: hevElee One star, 50 posts Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7880 of 7921
Subject: Re: Gasfrac (GSFVF.PK) -- waterless fracking Date: 3/30/2012 2:03 PM
Jim,

I've been following GSFVF for about a year now. Bought a small amount of shares early on and have added to them a couple times.

About a year ago they had an accident at a site that injured (burned) three workers, but they addressed the problems then and I've seen no indications since of problems.

I live in Wyo, near where some water and air quality problems have been speculated to be due to fraccing. There's still a lot of controversy and study going on over it here, but from everything I understand of the GSFVF technique it would have eliminated many of the associated groundwater concerns.

The really exciting part of the 123spot article is the partnering of GSFVF with an environmentally focused group--gives more credence to GSFVF's reputation. With the growing market for such services in Europe, where the population is much more conscious in this regard (speaking very generally here) I think it really gives GasFrac a boost in the long term.

IMO
ed

Author: hevElee One star, 50 posts Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7881 of 7921
Subject: Re: Gasfrac (GSFVF.PK) -- waterless fracking Date: 3/30/2012 2:07 PM
OOps, sorry for the first unfinished post. Hit a key I didn't mean to without realizing.

Here's the article mentioned by 123spot that we've been mentioning:

http://seekingalpha.com/article/461841-gasfrac-s-fracturing-...

Author: hevElee One star, 50 posts Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7882 of 7921
Subject: Re: Gasfrac (GSFVF.PK) -- waterless fracking Date: 3/30/2012 2:10 PM
Another link from 123spot on GasFrac:

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/ecorp-and-step-enter-into-m...

Author: LTInvestorJim Big red star, 1000 posts Ticker Guide Global Fool SC1 Blue Captain Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7883 of 7921
Subject: Re: Gasfrac (GSFVF.PK) -- waterless fracking Date: 3/30/2012 2:36 PM
Thanks a lot for your perspective, Ed. An interesting company, both from an investment perspective and from a societal one. I would think there is huge market potential in this.

Jim

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement