UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: tjscott0 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 756954  
Subject: Gasoline Prices Headed back up Date: 2/1/2013 3:07 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/02/01/gas-prices-heading-up...

He said refineries are already getting ready for the summer blend, and slowing production of the winter blend, resulting in a reduction of gasoline supplies.

Wednesday’s fire at a Toledo refinery will also make things worse.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: ascenzm Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 669783 of 756954
Subject: Re: Gasoline Prices Headed back up Date: 2/1/2013 6:35 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
No kidding. $3.499/gallon to $3.699/gallon in a week's time.

Mike

Author: tjscott0 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 669792 of 756954
Subject: Re: Gasoline Prices Headed back up Date: 2/1/2013 9:41 PM

Mike

Guess I cain't complain about the 2 cent increase down here then ;>)

Author: warrl Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 669795 of 756954
Subject: Re: Gasoline Prices Headed back up Date: 2/1/2013 10:07 PM

I got gasoline for $3.069 last weekend on my way from Alabama to Texas (as the weather got progressively warmer in both places) but couldn't do better than $3.14 on the way back Wednesday and Thursday (as the weather got progressively colder in both places).

Author: Art53 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 669802 of 756954
Subject: Re: Gasoline Prices Headed back up Date: 2/1/2013 10:19 PM
"I got gasoline for $3.069 last weekend on my way from Alabama to Texas (as the weather got progressively warmer in both places) but couldn't do better than $3.14 on the way back Wednesday and Thursday (as the weather got progressively colder in both places)." - warrl

I filled up yesterday for $3.169/gallon at Kroger's yesterday. I paid like $26.79 for a tank of gas. Thank god I have a little car. It will last me almost a month depending on how much driving I do. I tend to stay home and hibernate during the wintertime.

Art

Author: TheBaronAndrew Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 669983 of 756954
Subject: Re: Gasoline Prices Headed back up Date: 2/3/2013 4:59 PM
Recommendations: 2
I've noticed gas prices in my area are approaching $4 again, after having gone down to at least $3.49, maybe lower. Some of the premium grades are already above $4 at some stations -- in the middle of wintertime, which is supposed to be the "slow" driving season.

In other news, today I noticed that Noodles & Company raised all their prices. I'm not going to reveal how much I paid, after tax, for Wisconsin Mac-n-Cheese with broccoli and tomatoes added, plus a fountain drink (Organic Estate iced tea, unsweetened), because Art might have apoplexy. <grin>

Suffice it to say that it was a whopping 70 cents more than last time.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement