Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: ChocoKitty Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 21259  
Subject: Gastronomica: Journal of Food and Society Date: 5/24/2001 2:20 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
For those of you who are food scholars, there's a new journal out called Gastronomica (http://www.gastronomica.org).

No, it's not for everyone, but for those of you who love pondering things like the relationship between food and society, it's an interesting read.

CK
Print the post Back To Top
Author: ChocoKitty Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 15 of 21259
Subject: Re: Gastronomica: Journal of Food and Society Date: 5/24/2001 2:21 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Gah! That should be "Journal of Food and Culture".

Sheesh. That will teach me to rely on my (unreliable) memory!

CK

Author: riverlad Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 16 of 21259
Subject: Re: Gastronomica: Journal of Food and Society Date: 5/24/2001 2:56 PM
This should be fun!

My cookware runs the gamut from cast iron through old warped Revereware that I'm replacing to Allclad stainless and Calphalon.

Garlic finds its way into more dishes than any other spice and as for recipes, I'll sometimes refer to them for inspiration, but usually improvise with what's available. Favorites cuisines are French, Northern Italian, Chinese and often a blending of East and West.

Leftovers usually become tomorrow's lunch, but are NEVER wasted.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement