UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: BagitosMan Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 264899  
Subject: Genomic Health's health Date: 1/3/2013 10:22 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I purchased Genomic Health (GHDX) a couple of months ago as a core stock when I joined MF Rulebreakers and since then, the stock has gone down over 15%. Now that worries me of course but my main concern is that I have seen nothing (or can't find anything anyway) to tell me why the stock has plummeted or what it's chances of heading back up are. Is there someplace on MF where I can find up-to-date analysis of the stocks they have suggested I buy? If not (and I will be sorely dissapointed if not), what do the fools think about this company? Thanks.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Fuskie Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Ticker Guide SC1 Red Winner of the 2010 Rule Breakers Challenge Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 260101 of 264899
Subject: Re: Genomic Health's health Date: 1/3/2013 10:41 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
You should address this question on the GHDX discussion board in the Rule Breakers Community rather than here on a public discussion board.

Fuskie
Who notes the whole Rule Breakers web site is full of up-to-date analyses of stocks they recommend...

Author: Quillnpenn Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 260104 of 264899
Subject: Re: Genomic Health's health Date: 1/3/2013 11:28 AM
Recommendations: 3
BagitosMan,

http://www.wikinvest.com/stock/Genomic_Health_(GHDX)

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=GHDX&p=D&yr=0&m... at first, this stock should been sold or shorted on or about October 19th.

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=GHDX&p=D&yr=0&m... most traders trade per the green boxes in buying and selling when the red boxes appear. GHDX will be stagnant for awhile.

In the future it suggested that you trade via the EMOTIONS of our peers and not what some clueless salesmen recommends. It is the only way to protect your ASSettes period.

http://www.swing-trade-stocks.com/moving-averages.html peruse at you leisure at what swing traders do.

Quillnpenn -

Author: globalist2013 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 260105 of 264899
Subject: Re: Genomic Health's health Date: 1/3/2013 12:15 PM
Quill,

Per your signaling system, you would have exited GDHX around 10/19 on a cross of the 13 below the 50. But TSI (with default parameters) had said a week earlier (on the 8th) that longs should have been closed and/or a short initiated.

Also, take a look at what MACD is saying, which is nothing much different than TSI. Thus, one or the other is redundant. So, instead, swap in CMF. http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=GHDX&p=D&yr=0&m... Now a person knows why the 13/50 could be trusted. Price action has gone to crap, and money is fleeing the stock. That sucker's going down.

Charlie

Author: Quillnpenn Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 260109 of 264899
Subject: Re: Genomic Health's health Date: 1/3/2013 2:53 PM
charlie,

Are you using the FREE NISON candle scanner and linking them to the FREE version of the Ninja Trader Platform.

After reviewing a demo by Steve Nison (on you tube) with his scanner and pointing out the Hammers, Doji's and the Shooting Stars to where it appears like my Simon Sez in stating when to buy and or sell after each label on stockcharts and the bubbles on the TOS charts.

However, I would have to take some time to look at the scanner in looking for the highs (I think it was the shooting stars or hammmers) and spotting the lows with the scanners early warning flags.

Looks interesting to see it they can match my Stockfetcher.com's candle stix (scroll up an inch after it pops up). Stockfetcher doesn't place any markers on there charts as Nison's candle scanner does. It will probably take a lot of time to do all the setups.

Quillnpenn -

Author: globalist2013 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 260113 of 264899
Subject: Re: Genomic Health's health Date: 1/3/2013 4:07 PM
Quill,

You're an unending wealth of info, and your willingness to do your homework is what makes you the fat money you earn in markets.

No, I didn't even know there was a Nissan app. I do have several versions of the program Morris and North collaborated on, CandlePower. It isn't free, and its DOS-based roots show through. But the underlying programing is solid. Whether money could be made with it is a whole 'nother matter and something I've never gotten serious about. Ditto MetaStock. I've got the program and tinker with it from time to time. But my real focus the past twelve years has been bonds, and nothing but bonds, hundreds of positions that have done well for me. But the opportunities for investors in that market have been winding down. Hence, my need to get a new gig going and the reason I've been looking at the other usual suspects, stocks, ETFs, currencies, commodities, but not options, because I don't like the game. I broke even on an experiment I ran last summer. But I'd just as soon avoid them the rest of my life as being an unnecessary complication.

There's 80-100 some traditionally recognized candle patterns that are traditionally are divided into two groups: those that predict reversals and those that confirm continuations. Many of the patterns occur very infrequently, and almost none of them have a better "reliability" than a coin-flip when tested across large data bases. However, when conditions are right, e.g., a Doji on light volume occurring at what looks to be be an orderly downtrend, probabilities become good that prices will reverse, because the sellers have finished their selling. Ditto Dojis at trend tops on light volume for the same sorts of reasons, both of which have their explanation in the "Action-Reaction, Thrust and Parry" that market players are constantly doing that investors --to their harm- don't pay attention to.

I don't use the Nija platform. In fact, I avoid it. In its early day,s I used it and found it to be buggy. If I need a simple order-entry front-end, there's more reliable ones out there for which I have a license. If I need an analysis program, I've got others: AmiBroker, OmniTrader, MetaStock, CandlePower, plus, of course, Excel, which is plenty enough to create and implement a trading program.

Don't get overwhelmed by the variety of candle patterns. Six to ten setups is all you need to capture 95% of the effectiveness of the method. Let me run some errands, and I'll PM you whatever I have that might be worth looking at.

Charlie

Author: globalist2013 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 260137 of 264899
Subject: Re: Genomic Health's health Date: 1/4/2013 4:28 PM
RE: Candle Pattern Analysis (CPA)

Quill,

I'm going to break an implied promise and back away from sending you any info, because I've discovered I don't have anything that would be of use to you. I've got lots of books and software related to CPA, but I don't have a tested trading system (not that anyone could successfully trade anyone else's system). But having a viable system (or not) is the difference "those who do, and those who can't". Also, this morning I got back into bonds and put on my first position for the year. (Last year I put on 110, or a lazy average of two/week, which suits me just fine.)

Also, also, I stumbled onto a 'black swan' last night (in the the old, historical sense of 'disconfirming evidence', not Taleb's more modern definition of "low-probability but very high impact event". And the swan was this, AMKR. Try trading that with your 13/50 X-Over, and you'll lose money. But trade that chart with CPA, and you catch every turning point. That example was enough to convince me to drop X-Over entries based on price. Every stock has its own personality, and it has to be traded on its own terms. MAV X-Over systems can't make the needed adaptations. CPA systems need none, because 'price' isn't the trigger. It's 'trader psychology' (which happens to be expressed in price).

Anyhow, I need to re-think my research and --meanwhile-- I've gotta keep my bond gig going. So I'm going to back away from posting here other than to do an occasional snipe at those who can't read a chart, find themselves losing money, and still don't understand why.

Charlie

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement