Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: GrandSalami Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 52515  
Subject: George at it again... Date: 11/8/2002 6:09 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
http://espn.go.com/mlb/news/2002/1108/1457766.html

Are you kidding me? All this to save $100K?

My favorite parts are about him cutting the hours of the elevator operators, that there are 30 employees who still haven't received their 2000 World Series rings, and this little gem: "The Yankees management has also disbanded its secretaries' union, thereby giving the club more room regarding secretaries' wages and hours."

jason
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFDavidG Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Supernova Phoenix 1
Mission Team Member Supernova Odyssey 1
Mission Team Member CAPS All Star Motley Fool One Everlasting Fool SN Explorer 1 Mission Team Member Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6995 of 52515
Subject: Re: George at it again... Date: 11/8/2002 6:29 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Jason,

Were I a business owner, I would look to avoid unions; they're so frequently counter-productive and create a contentious atmosphere around employment circumstances. Now part of that is that you have to do good business in the first place -- I think companies to a certain extent bring on their own consequences when employees unionize against them. Maybe that's inevitable with George, I don't know. --DG

Author: SirYoda Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6996 of 52515
Subject: Re: George at it again... Date: 11/8/2002 11:01 PM
Recommendations: 2
Were I a business owner....--DG

--------------------

Uhh....what's TMF...chopped liver? Last I checked, DavidG, you ARE a business owner...

Yoda
*Waiting For Next Year...Boston's Year! (Waiting since 1918)*

Author: TMFDavidG Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Supernova Phoenix 1
Mission Team Member Supernova Odyssey 1
Mission Team Member CAPS All Star Motley Fool One Everlasting Fool SN Explorer 1 Mission Team Member Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6997 of 52515
Subject: Re: George at it again... Date: 11/8/2002 11:06 PM
Recommendations: 0
;)

--DG

P.S. For those interested, CEO John Mackey of Whole Foods Market -- who impressed me a great deal -- has a very good take on unions, and you can listen to our radio show interview with him of a few weeks ago directly via this link:

http://discover.npr.org/rundowns/rundown.jhtml?prgId=15&prgDate=October/25/2002

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement