Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: waterwiz Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 186  
Subject: Geotimes Date: 1/8/2003 9:06 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Anyone familiar with this magazine? Amazon recommended it to me the other night. I used to get Earth magazine, which I loved, but unfortunately not enough others did so it stopped publication. I've been wondering if there was another magazine devoted solely to earth sciences.

Ellen
Print the post Back To Top
Author: redbaron7 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 173 of 186
Subject: Re: Geotimes Date: 1/8/2003 9:56 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Anyone familiar with this magazine? Amazon recommended it to me the other night. I used to get Earth magazine, which I loved, but unfortunately not enough others did so it stopped publication. I've been wondering if there was another magazine devoted solely to earth sciences.

Ellen

I don't think so. I used to get Earth when I was an undergrad. Nice pictures,etc. but a pricey luxury for a poor impoverished student who thought it a bit sensationalist at the time.

In the UK there's a newspaper-format publication that GeoSupplies (I think that's the name) in Sheffield publish. They mainly send stocks to museums and geology depts, but send it out to individuals for little more than the cost of postage. However they'd never send renewal notices, so it was hard to keep it going!
If you were in the UK then this is recommended - full of news of the geology scene out there.

Then there are the society publications of course. I get Geoscience from GeolSoc which is an easier read than their journals! :-)

RB

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement