Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: goofnoff Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 442556  
Subject: German Church Tax Date: 10/10/2012 12:54 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 6
In Germany, if you register as a Catholic or whatever you pay a church tax. The taxes are then apportioned to your denomination. The RC's ger 6.5 billion a year. A lot of folks have dropped there denominational affiliation to get out of th etax, but syill occasionally avail themselves of the sacraments. Now the big German bishop with the blessing of the Pope (I believe he was a confirmed Nazi)is cutting off the sacrament to non-payers, in the truest tradition of the humble Nazarene carpenter.

You can't make this up.

http://www.npr.org/2012/10/09/162570987/german-catholics-pat...
Print the post Back To Top
Author: dlbuffy Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 410683 of 442556
Subject: Re: German Church Tax Date: 10/10/2012 2:08 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I was going to post this to the family forum (we have a 'Verboten - politics, religion, oh my' page deliberately to keep these topics seperate). There are a lot of very ethusiastic Catholics in our family.

Then I decided, hell, there is no constructive reason for it at all. So instead I will post here to at least get it out of my system. Cool?

-------------------
Only 13% of pop attends church, make em madder
It seems that the Holy See has agreed with bishops in Germany. If you do not pay your taxes, then you do not get the sacraments. The German tax system seems to have a provision for collecting money FOR THE CHURCHES. If you register as a faithful, you pay taxes that go straight to the church.

Of the 13% that attend church, fewer have been registering for this tax. So now the church has decided to (not) excommuniate you for not paying for your right to attend church.

?!?!?!?!?!

Can someone point to a parable ascribed to Jesus that says you can only pray if you pay? Or how about...entry to the kingdom of heaven is paved with your income?
-------------------

Sigh, even your own family can baffle you.

Author: 0x6a74 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 410722 of 442556
Subject: Re: German Church Tax Date: 10/10/2012 3:50 PM
Recommendations: 2
with the blessing of the Pope (I believe he was a confirmed Nazi)

pretty sure he was Hitler-Jungen .... close ,but not exactly Nazi.

( a bit like, <he was BoyScout, therefore good christian homophobe>?

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement