UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (15) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: valueqwest Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1966879  
Subject: Geroge Bush' 3rd term Date: 5/1/2013 8:27 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
Has anyone realized that the Obama administration seems a bit like George Bush's 3rd term? Not necessarily the George Bush of the first two terms, but a George Bush who fell off the wagon and began to booze it up from time to time?

Just think about all the policies of Bush's that Obama criticized as a candidate, but now embraces:

Gitmo
Wars (2 wars from 1st two terms, plus Libya and now Syria)
Patriot Act
Rendition
warrantless wiretaps
out of control spending

It does not stop there. In Bush' 2nd term he pursued questionable policies unpopular even in his own party including:

Reforming Social Security-Privatization option
Immigration Reform

Now, in his "3rd term" he is tripling down on political misery with the following unpopular initiatives

Immigration Reform-again
Gun Control
Reforming Social Security-chain CPI

In his third term, "Bush" continues to be a strong family man and advocates for privacy and normalcy for his two daughters. Though he abandoned golf in his second term, now he often plans seemingly every weekend, perhaps after "tossing a few back".

In his second term he embraced a costly entitlement healthcare program which passed on a very narrow vote.

In his 3rd term "Bush", clearly on a bender and perhaps having started experimenting with cocaine, championed a most sweeping a costly health care entitlement which passed by the narrowest of margins.

In his third term, he used enhanced interrogation, which he now calls "torture".

In his second term Bush used "torture" to gather key information in the war on terror. In his 3rd term he used that information to hunt down and kill Osama bin Laden.

In his 2nd term he embraced the use of drone strikes in a limited way to advance the war on terror.

In his 3rd term, he publicly downplays any such war while privately he has taken the actual controls of drones, killing as many people are were killed on 9/11 including many innocents and even American citizens. He takes no prisoners, he just kills those he thinks are bad guys.

A sober Bush in his second term kept America safe. In his third term as less sober "Bush", perhaps distracted by drone strikes and Beyonce, has allowed key slip-ups including Benghazi and now the Boston Massacre. Will these now become the norm?

These facts seems too eerie to ignore. I have kept them to myself until now but I think even the new compliant press (very changed from the first 2 terms) is starting to become wised to this. Whatever your politics, I think this makes a strong case for term limits.

VQ
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: xLife Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1874411 of 1966879
Subject: Re: Geroge Bush' 3rd term Date: 5/1/2013 8:47 AM
Recommendations: 52
Let me get this straight. Republicans and conservatives hate Barack Obama's guts and will do almost anything to stop him because he's almost exactly like George Bush?

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1874414 of 1966879
Subject: Re: Geroge Bush' 3rd term Date: 5/1/2013 8:51 AM
Recommendations: 1
Just think about all the policies of Bush's that Obama criticized as a candidate, but now embraces:

Gitmo
Wars (2 wars from 1st two terms, plus Libya and now Syria)
Patriot Act
Rendition
warrantless wiretaps
out of control spending

Well, if we just ignore the out of control spending, the other issues might reveal that what they see is we have a much bigger problem with these folks than anyone wants to admit to. I find that possibility believable.

Not saying I back it, but you can see where both men might be coming from.

The spending? Bush was terrible, Obama is far worse, Sure Obama wants to tax enough to pay for it.

Heck, I want to do a reverse 360 over Dwight Howard, but both acts are not possible in this world.

Author: nigelwhalmsley Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1874422 of 1966879
Subject: Re: Geroge Bush' 3rd term Date: 5/1/2013 9:02 AM
Recommendations: 0
"Let me get this straight. Republicans and conservatives hate Barack Obama's guts and will do almost anything to stop him because he's almost exactly like George Bush?"

Amazing logic, that. Hard to follow how some folks think (or not), eh?

Author: willynaylor Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1874426 of 1966879
Subject: Re: Geroge Bush' 3rd term Date: 5/1/2013 9:14 AM
Recommendations: 2
"Let me get this straight. Republicans and conservatives hate Barack Obama's guts and will do almost anything to stop him because he's almost exactly like George Bush?"

Amazing logic, that. Hard to follow how some folks think (or not), eh?

Even more amazing is you voted for change,you didn't get it as promised and you still don't care...follow that logic.

You admit you have GWB III and you don't feel duped. So either GWB wasn't bad and nor were his policies ( now promoted by Obama) or you just like the color of the wrapping paper of the current POTUS.

The joke is on U!

Willy

Author: valueqwest Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1874431 of 1966879
Subject: Re: Geroge Bush' 3rd term Date: 5/1/2013 9:46 AM
Let me get this straight. Republicans and conservatives hate Barack Obama's guts and will do almost anything to stop him because he's almost exactly like George Bush?

You misunderstand. They just want to get the bottle, the crackpipe and theatrical makeup away from him.

VQ

Author: nigelwhalmsley Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1874436 of 1966879
Subject: Re: Geroge Bush' 3rd term Date: 5/1/2013 10:07 AM
"Even more amazing is you voted for change,you didn't get it as promised and you still don't care...follow that logic."

Actually, I voted for the better of the two candidates in both of the last two elections. As far as 'change' goes, Obama IS quite different from the last prez, since he hasn't invaded and occupied any countries - which I view as Bush the Lesser's most egregious of many outrageously bad decisions. But it IS cute that you recall the campaign slogan.

Some of the folks on your side of the aisle are selling the idea that Obama is just like Bush in many ways - except that they really hate him. Maybe you guys should coordinate and come to some agreement about that. These conflicting opinion about Obama make you look confused.

"You admit you have GWB III and you don't feel duped."

Nope. See above.

"So either GWB wasn't bad and nor were his policies ( now promoted by Obama) or you just like the color of the wrapping paper of the current POTUS."

No, the idiot Bush was a disaster from which we will eventually recover.

"The joke is on U!"

It isn't funny, but I bet you guys eventually figure that out. I wonder who you next prez candidate might be? You really should be working on that now, instead of arguing amongst yourselves about whether Obama is like Bush or not. If you try real hard, you could come up with someone that voters might actually vote for.

Author: LEDfan Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1874449 of 1966879
Subject: Re: Geroge Bush' 3rd term Date: 5/1/2013 11:16 AM
people, including myself post on illnesses that happen
to them from time to time here.

Too bad there are not many who acknowledge the condition most prevalent here: HYPOCRISY!

Author: HMALETTER Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1874466 of 1966879
Subject: Re: Geroge Bush' 3rd term Date: 5/1/2013 12:05 PM
I've mentioned some similarities from time to time ;)

Iraq and the Prescription drug plan (Max Baucus) plus Bush's endless cheerleading for daily growth in mortgage lending.

Obama has shown needed restraint on the topic of wars, but has a muddled process of picking losers. Obama loves wiretapping, The Patriot Act, Drones, and some loss of civil liberties as well.

The main things that differentiates the two are taxes and healthcare.

Obama's budget contains a few Obominations that should be intolerable. His soon to be implemented Obamacare has costs spiraling out of control, while his administration tries to come up with enough new taxes to pay for being so over budget. The required infrastructure for this massive blivot is not complete, and in some cases, not even started.

He has the absolute gall to suggest that $3 million is the max limit for a retirement plan. He sets forth to forecast tax revenue gained by limiting all sorts of deductions and threshold adjustments. (but he does support raising the retirement age, as well as adjusting downward COLA adjustments).

Obama is playing chess with the nation's economy and policy. He tries some things, then continually tweaks them because their forecasts were complete BS. This contrasts from Bush, who spent recklessly and CUT taxes. Bush's forecasts on everything from deficits to the costs of war were also total BS.

Basically, both Presidents are total BS. But Obama may just leave us in worse shape, because he started with a pile of BS, and continues to make it bigger.

Author: kenm47 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1874474 of 1966879
Subject: Re: Geroge Bush' 3rd term Date: 5/1/2013 12:17 PM
Perhaps we're beyond the capabilities of anyone to be an effective POTUS?

Ken

Author: CCinOC Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1874599 of 1966879
Subject: Re: Geroge Bush' 3rd term Date: 5/1/2013 6:27 PM

What a weird analysis.

I dislike Owebama because he's incompetent. No other reason.

Author: xLife Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1874631 of 1966879
Subject: Re: Geroge Bush' 3rd term Date: 5/1/2013 9:32 PM
---
What a weird analysis.

Umm... read the thread title and the OP.

I dislike Owebama because he's incompetent. No other reason.

You're being dishonest again.

Author: crassfool Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1874656 of 1966879
Subject: Re: Geroge Bush' 3rd term Date: 5/1/2013 11:58 PM
low says

The spending? Bush was terrible, Obama is far worse, Sure Obama wants to tax enough to pay for it.

I remember how you and your friends went after Bush for his spending. You were holy terrors.

Author: crassfool Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1874657 of 1966879
Subject: Re: Geroge Bush' 3rd term Date: 5/2/2013 12:02 AM
Recommendations: 2
HMALETTER says

You're kidding, right? You don't count the initiation of worthless, disastrous, economy-busting wars? Amazing. I didn't read any farther after this.

Author: HMALETTER Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1874659 of 1966879
Subject: Re: Geroge Bush' 3rd term Date: 5/2/2013 12:23 AM
HMALETTER says

You're kidding, right? You don't count the initiation of worthless, disastrous, economy-busting wars? Amazing. I didn't read any farther after this.

You should have, since I've been talking about those wars since the beginning. (PS: Forgot about Obama's involvement)

Obama is a nitwit, and his own party kills him on Congress.

Sorry you can't take it.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (15) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement