UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: baara4 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 75335  
Subject: Get highest S.S. Date: 3/22/2000 5:54 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Retired at 65 receiving S.S. on my quarters. Ex-husband

(married to 20 years) started collecting at age 62 or

63. If he had retired at age 65, he would have

the highest amount S.S. allows. Am I allowed to receive

the highest amount SS allows although he is not

since he started collecting at 62 or 63 ?

Maybe this is a hypothetical question but I can ask !

Thanks for your assistance in advance.

Baara
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFPixy Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 20431 of 75335
Subject: Re: Get highest S.S. Date: 3/23/2000 10:10 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Greetings, Baara, and welcome. You wrote:

<<Retired at 65 receiving S.S. on my quarters. Ex-husband (married to 20 years) started collecting at age 62 or 63. If he had retired at age 65, he would have
the highest amount S.S. allows. Am I allowed to receive the highest amount SS allows although he is not since he started collecting at 62 or 63 ?>>

The SSA can answer this question for you. I believe, though, that as a divorced spouse who qualifies to draw on the former spouse's record, then your benefit would be based on that he would have received at full retirement age had he waited to do so. To be sure, you should ask the SSA.

Regards..Pixy

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement