UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: RetiredVermonter Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1976126  
Subject: Get Out Of Afghanistan NOW! Date: 9/30/2012 4:17 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 4
As a preface, let me first say this. I totally support all of our brave men and women serving in the military, wherever they may be. However, I spotted a new headline today that read "U.S. military deaths in Afghanistan hit 2,000".

Ye gods! How long will it be before we tell the generals in charge to prepare to GET THE HELL OUT OF THERE and begin to do so?

There is no question in my mind that this sad exercise continues to plow along because those military people at the top are simply interested in keeping their jobs!? After all, if we leave Afghanistan (and Iraq), some of those "leaders" may no longer be needed and may have to do something else!

Why do we blindly keep up this asinine "war" against... whom? Do we even know?

The people don't want us there, and we keep losing more of our finest men and women there. It is insane!

Please, whoever wins in November, PULL THE PLUG!

Vermonter
Print the post Back To Top
Author: N56629 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1819621 of 1976126
Subject: Re: Get Out Of Afghanistan NOW! Date: 9/30/2012 4:45 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
"Please, whoever wins in November, PULL THE PLUG!"

----------------------------
"About 23,000 of the 88,000 US troops currently in the country are expected to leave Afghanistan by the summer, with all US and Nato combat troops out by the end of 2014." May 2, 2012

-------------------------------
Pretty much the same thing the Republicans have been saying.

Author: bufftrainer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1819626 of 1976126
Subject: Re: Get Out Of Afghanistan NOW! Date: 9/30/2012 5:01 PM
Recommendations: 5
Afghanistan's never been more than a set of arbitrary borders drawn around a bunch of tribesmen; it's not going to be a stable country in my lifetime, and its stability was not an initial goal of our presence. Yeah, Bush paid lip service to democracy but that should be taken no more seriously than anything else the dipstick ever said. I don't think Obama expects a democracy, but he's just as naive to think we can bring stability to that free-for-all. We should have scheduled the withdrawal the day after bin Laden stopped polluting the earth. Afghanistan is what it is.

Author: eatenbybears Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1819631 of 1976126
Subject: Re: Get Out Of Afghanistan NOW! Date: 9/30/2012 5:25 PM
Recommendations: 0
There is no question in my mind that this sad exercise continues to plow along because those military people at the top are simply interested in keeping their jobs!? After all, if we leave Afghanistan (and Iraq), some of those "leaders" may no longer be needed and may have to do something else!

Why do you think the Pentagon is 6,500,000 sq ft ?

Bears

Author: 99lashes Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1819660 of 1976126
Subject: Re: Get Out Of Afghanistan NOW! Date: 9/30/2012 7:28 PM
Recommendations: 0
The only two questions that exist now are-

1. Just how to exit with the least amount of collateral damage for our folks.

2.How to leave Afghanistan some kind of "sanitary" place, even though it will remain the arm pit of the world.

With no base remaining in Afghanistan how will the drone wars continue in Pakistan? This is probably a major sticking point.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement