UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 757793  
Subject: Getting away from it all.... Date: 9/6/2013 9:33 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Meet the monk who lives a life of virtual solitude on top of a 131ft pillar and has to have food winched up to him by his followers

Maxime, a 59-year-old monk, lives on top of Katshki Pillar in Georgia
He has to scale a 131ft ladder if he wants to come down
Followers winch supplies up to him because he only leaves the pillar twice a week

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2384040/Maxime-Meet-...
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Well...looks like he has a book collection, electricity....and all meals provided......

Now all he needs is a ham radio antenna....up there....

I'm sure not I'd like going up and down that ladder. The place could use an elevator....

Didn't one of the James Bond movies have a location just like this?

t.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Art53 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 695813 of 757793
Subject: Re: Getting away from it all.... Date: 9/6/2013 9:44 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
"Meet the monk who lives a life of virtual solitude on top of a 131ft pillar and has to have food winched up to him by his followers"

"Maxime, a 59-year-old monk, lives on top of Katshki Pillar in Georgia
He has to scale a 131ft ladder if he wants to come down
Followers winch supplies up to him because he only leaves the pillar twice a week"

-------------------

Uh? Good for him? It's a good gig if you can get it? I don't know. Seems like a lot of trouble for nothing if you ask me.

Art

Author: CCinOC Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 695866 of 757793
Subject: Re: Getting away from it all.... Date: 9/6/2013 1:07 PM
I enjoy Mail Online. One could spend an entire day there going from link to link of interesting things...such as this. (I'd hate to be the guy on the left.)

http://cdn.styleblazer.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/4.png

Author: LuckyDog2002 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 695902 of 757793
Subject: Re: Getting away from it all.... Date: 9/6/2013 5:14 PM
well I reckon housing is free, he gets a workout using that ladder, not sure if he gets food free or not.

I hope something good comes out of his doing that.

LD

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement