Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: cnfrost Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 175  
Subject: getting back in Date: 11/16/2001 1:01 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hi folks. I had D several years ago, and loved it. Had to sell it, though, to buy a new car. Now I'm looking to get back in. Any negatives about D that I may have overlooked? It looks pretty good to me so far.

Nice to see Spriteman here, too. Somewhat reassuring :)
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Spriteman Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 133 of 175
Subject: Re: getting back in Date: 11/16/2001 6:02 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
<<Any negatives about D that I may have overlooked?>>

Dominion's monster debt load has always been a concern to me, but that is an industry-wide phenomenon. The good thing is that D's strong cash flow should allow the company to start paying down its debt as soon as 2002 (that is, if Dominion wants to start paying down its debt load. My bet is that Dominion has another acquisition or two coming up...).

Always Long,
Spriteman

Author: cnfrost Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 134 of 175
Subject: Re: getting back in Date: 11/16/2001 11:19 PM
Dominion's monster debt load has always been a concern to me, but that is an industry-wide phenomenon
True, it is an industry-wide phenomenon. I always thought it was because they could usually earn a better rate of return on the borrowed money than they paid in interest. That's why they carry so much debt. And also why they typically shoot up whenever interest rates go down. Gotta love it when you can make yourself rich using other people's money.

I would also agree that with interest rates as low as they are, D probably is not going to be in any big hurry to pay down their debt.

Author: directfuel Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 139 of 175
Subject: Re: getting back in Date: 12/4/2001 1:19 PM
read my posting in reply to spriteman

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement