UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: ease1 CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 2771  
Subject: Getting into Gold Date: 10/22/2009 6:48 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Sort of new to investing. Well actually I've been reading MF for about 2 years now and am feeling a little Foolish. I've got a diverse portfolio now but I still have cash reserves that could be earning more for me. I've got an option to reinvest reserves into my current equities or go for something else. Or I could just leave it in cash.

I've been reading quite a bit about hedging against inflation and possibly even the fallen dollar. I'm sure that I'm completely late to the party as surely this is what everyone else was thinking months or even a year ago.

Thats my issue, I'm always late to the party. Anyways, I don't know the first thing about hedging against inflation. But it seems like the way things are going it might be a very good strategy. Rates have to go up eventually and who knows what's going to happen with the dollar.

Does anyone know the best way to diversify into gold? What do most people do when they want to get into gold?

Anyone use dollar etf's like UDN that track with the down dollar?

What about Treasury Inflation-Protected Securities?

Any advise you Fool's have out there would be great. Am I wasting my time going in this direction or is there some merit to this line of thinking?

If I posted in the wrong area, please forgive..

Thanks,

Ease..
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Looking at Currency Ratios
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement