Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I tried the search but am posting anyway. Basic facts...I'm getting married in October and due to pulling the cart before the horse so to speak, we are expecting our first eligible deduction in March of 2001 hopefully a future fool with 10 toes and fingers and as healthy and as can be.

Well...I make around $45K and mom to be will make about $28-30K this year unless the morning sickness puts her out of commission for the remainder of the year. I read somewhere that I should change my W4 if I want to have more $$ per pay check verses getting the relatively large tax return the following year and I think they recommended an additional allowance for each $600 returned. So...last year I got about $2400 returned so I could add 4 more allowances??

I thought about doing this but forgot about the marriage penalty thing which appears to be on the Republican sounding board. Anyway, suggestions/food for thought would be appreciated.

Thanks much!
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.