Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Ga1Dawg Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 6837  
Subject: Gewürztraminer Date: 9/21/2012 3:11 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Making my 1st Gewürztraminer

I've added the bentonite done the initial fermentation and racked to the carboy.

Any tips or advice would by appreciated.
Thanks
Print the post Back To Top
Author: HGBG Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6823 of 6837
Subject: Re: Gewürztraminer Date: 9/23/2012 7:24 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Sorry, I just drink the stuff, not make it.

My favorites:
Volckenberg from Germany - very smooth and semi dry
and Navarro from California - more flavors, also semi dry

Let us know how your wine turns out.

Barry

Author: WyneFool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6824 of 6837
Subject: Re: Gewürztraminer Date: 9/24/2012 3:14 PM
best advice is to try

www.americanwinesociety.org for names of amateurs in your area.
www.winemakermag.com same but I only know those at the top in this org.

Full disclosure: I did try my hand at making wine once and figured the costs associated made it cheaper to buy. Having said that, I am qualified to judge wine and can tell you what went wrong after the fact just not how to make it.

WyneFool

Author: Ga1Dawg Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6825 of 6837
Subject: Re: Gewürztraminer Date: 9/27/2012 8:27 AM
Thanks for the reply ya'll

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement