Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: eudaimon6 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 38003  
Subject: Gifts Date: 10/3/2012 9:12 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 24
Yesterday my friend went for what was supposed to be a final workup prior to surgery.

She was initially thought to have three separate tumors on her liver.

One was confirmed to be a venous shunt-not a tumor at all.

One spot that was thought to be a tumor is simply gone.

The third spot has not changed in size in 90 days.

She will be reassessed in January. As of now, she's going to Hawaii.

My cousin is home from his mission trip to Togo. Next time he goes, I'm going to go with him.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: impolite Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34199 of 38003
Subject: Re: Gifts Date: 10/3/2012 9:15 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1

That's awesome news!

My cousin is home from his mission trip to Togo. Next time he goes, I'm going to go with him.

And you will take lots of pictures and posts lots of stories about the trip, yes? YES?!

impolite

Author: Windowseat Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34201 of 38003
Subject: Re: Gifts Date: 10/3/2012 10:04 AM
Recommendations: 6
She was initially thought to have three separate tumors on her liver.

I have this sense of your friend staring at a closed door, wondering what lay behind it, whether it was good or bad, then seeing the door swing open, and realizing that there was sunlight.

I hope the reassessment in January has even better news.

Nancy

Author: eudaimon6 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34535 of 38003
Subject: Re: Gifts Date: 10/29/2012 11:11 AM
Recommendations: 2
Heard from my friend today.

Everything is still good. All the reports have been reviewed and double checked, and all the knowledgeable people who review images have confirmed the favorable news.

I can't imagine what it must be like, to always know that any good news you hear is 'pending final review by the senior pathologist and senior radiologist.' On the upside, all these senior people are at Massachusetts General Hospital, which is among the best facilities in North America.

Author: impolite Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34539 of 38003
Subject: Re: Gifts Date: 10/29/2012 12:29 PM
Recommendations: 0

Everything is still good. All the reports have been reviewed and double checked, and all the knowledgeable people who review images have confirmed the favorable news.

:) Fantastic!

impolite

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement