UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (43) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: LurkerMom Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1947663  
Subject: Girly prez Walks Back Syrian Red Line Date: 4/29/2013 8:10 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
"NBC: White House Regrets Publicly Setting Syrian Red Line"

"NBC chief White House correspondent Chuck Todd reported this morning that the White House regrets publicly setting a red line with regard to Syrian use of chemical weapons: [Video] "I can tell you there is regret about that red line comment," said Todd, "because if you --" Host David Gregory interrupted, "In the White House?" "In the White House in this respect," Todd continued. "You don´t draw--I mean, they meant it. They do mean it on the chemical weapons. But saying it creates this political conversation. They didn´t want to go public last week"

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/nbc-white-house-regrets-...
Print the post Back To Top
Author: wzambon Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1873949 of 1947663
Subject: Re: Girly prez Walks Back Syrian Red Line Date: 4/29/2013 8:38 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I said the same last week... that's the problem with red lines. Once you cross them, you are out of options.

Making public the red line in the first place was a mistake. That was my point and the point of this article.

But the article is not about "walking back" the line.

Author: LurkerMom Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1873950 of 1947663
Subject: Re: Girly prez Walks Back Syrian Red Line Date: 4/29/2013 9:07 AM
Recommendations: 2
I said the same last week... that's the problem with red lines. Once you cross them, you are out of options.

Making public the red line in the first place was a mistake. That was my point and the point of this article.

I agree...
The prez imo, would have been better off continuing with his,'we need more evidence and let's wait and see', then letting it just fade away...you know, like Benghazi.
Backing down completely does more damage to his credibility and makes him look all the more weak. Bashar al-Assad has to be laughing his backside off.

Author: cjb44 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1873951 of 1947663
Subject: Re: Girly prez Walks Back Syrian Red Line Date: 4/29/2013 9:13 AM

If you don't make it public, then isn't not a redline.

And while some redlines aren't thought out or aren't in the "right place", I would say using Chemical Weapons is clearly a redline worth putting down.

The question now is what about North Korea, Iran and Israel? If Obama ignores his own Redline do North Korea and Iran just laugh? Does Irsael fear that Obama won't back them up if Iran crosses the line again?

Obama has painted himself into a corner, but at the same time going after a Country that uses Chemical Weapons on it's own civilians is a position he should be able to defend.

Author: wzambon Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1873955 of 1947663
Subject: Re: Girly prez Walks Back Syrian Red Line Date: 4/29/2013 9:23 AM
If you don't make it public, then isn't not a redline.

It is if you communicate it directly to a head of state (Assad)

It is if you simply keep it in-house as a benchmark that when crossed will trigger a given response.

Either one of the above options is a "red line" that does not have to be made "public".... (as in blabbering it on national news).

Author: cjb44 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1873960 of 1947663
Subject: Re: Girly prez Walks Back Syrian Red Line Date: 4/29/2013 9:33 AM
It is if you simply keep it in-house as a benchmark that when crossed will trigger a given response.

Isn't the point of having a redline to tell people "if you do X, we will do Y" in response? Keeping it in-house seems rather silly for that reason because you want the other side to know.

And in this case, I think Obama was right to make it public because he wasn't only warning Assad, but he was also telling the rebels that if Assad uses chemical weapons, we'll come to their defense. It was a message to all regimes that chemical weapon use would not be tolerated. If we don't act, then other Countries might be included to do the same knowing there is no response coming.

Obama was right to say it was a "game changer", I expect to see some action before Memorial Day. Even if there was no announcement or redline drawn...using Chemical Weapons on civilians should be enough to get us involved.

Author: wzambon Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1873964 of 1947663
Subject: Re: Girly prez Walks Back Syrian Red Line Date: 4/29/2013 9:53 AM
Recommendations: 3
Obama was right to say it was a "game changer", I expect to see some action before Memorial Day. Even if there was no announcement or redline drawn...using Chemical Weapons on civilians should be enough to get us involved.

Regardless of whether he was right or not, that's the reality now.

It is a "game changer" if sarin gas was used on civilians.

That needs to be verified. Lots of folks seem to want to skip over that particular fact.. but that's part of the "red line".

The red line has not been crossed until we can verify that sarin has in fact been used.

Now.... if Obama sets another "red line", assuming that the use of sarin is verified..... or equivocates after its use has been verified... then that can rightly be called "dithering". But at this point, it is not verified, in spite of the howls of "Obama needs to do something".

It serves the interests of the Syrian opposition to float a story of nerve gas use, and that possibility must be eliminated before we go rushing into something serious. And included under the umbrellas of "Syrian opposition groups" are some pretty dicey organizations, including elements of al Qaeda, and they have, on former occasions, indicated that they liked nothing better than to involve the United States in a costly war in the middle East. We fell for that one once. We don't need to fall for it again.

Author: nigelwhalmsley Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1873966 of 1947663
Subject: Re: Girly prez Walks Back Syrian Red Line Date: 4/29/2013 10:05 AM
"Girly"? Geez, I'd hate to see any girl that was like Obama. 8-) With all this 'red line' talk, I have yet to see anyone quote Obama in this regard. What exactly did he say that so many are trying to hold him accountable for?

Anyone have a quote?

Author: LurkerMom Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1873980 of 1947663
Subject: Re: Girly prez Walks Back Syrian Red Line Date: 4/29/2013 11:04 AM
) With all this 'red line' talk, I have yet to see anyone quote Obama in this regard. What exactly did he say that so many are trying to hold him accountable for?

Anyone have a quote?

The prez will not humiliate himself further by appearing publicly to say he is sooo sorry. The prez sends his minions out to grovel for him. You know that...hint, hint.

"NBC chief White House correspondent Chuck Todd reported this morning that the White House regrets publicly setting a red line with regard to Syrian use of chemical weapons: [Video] "I can tell you there is regret about that red line comment," said Todd, "because if you --" Host David Gregory interrupted, "In the White House?" "In the White House in this respect,"

I think we're done.

Cheers.

Author: FoolishWaldo Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1873983 of 1947663
Subject: Re: Girly prez Walks Back Syrian Red Line Date: 4/29/2013 11:10 AM
Recommendations: 4
LurkerMom or whoever wrote this uses "girly" as an insult. That explains a lot about LM (or whoever wrote this). Where is Uncle Sigmund when we really need him!

What s/he really means is that Obama won't get into a p!$$ing contest.

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1873986 of 1947663
Subject: Re: Girly prez Walks Back Syrian Red Line Date: 4/29/2013 11:19 AM

LOL, he already did, with his red line.

Unfortunately, he did not realize it and ended up a urinal in the contest.

But I am sure he can out fund raise them, so living up to his word is not a problem.

Maybe he can give some contracts to they and they will agree to leave us alone. We can make believe the other stuff really is not a problem and blame it on Bush.

Author: willynaylor Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1873987 of 1947663
Subject: Re: Girly prez Walks Back Syrian Red Line Date: 4/29/2013 11:27 AM

Don't look now, but that red line just turned yellow, like the streak on Obama's back.

Willy

Author: LurkerMom Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1873991 of 1947663
Subject: Re: Girly prez Walks Back Syrian Red Line Date: 4/29/2013 11:34 AM

That's because the prez sits down just like a girl to go p...

Author: jerryab Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1874002 of 1947663
Subject: Re: Girly prez Walks Back Syrian Red Line Date: 4/29/2013 11:49 AM
Recommendations: 22
Don't look now, but that red line just turned yellow, like the streak

down Reagan's back. Remember Beirut? Ol' "cut 'n run" Reagan.

Author: TheDope1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1874007 of 1947663
Subject: Re: Girly prez Walks Back Syrian Red Line Date: 4/29/2013 12:11 PM

Please. Obama took a leak and then shoved his head in the toilet.

This is why you libs don't really get much. When a *President* says, "If you do x, I'll do y" he's setting national policy. Because after all, if President can't be taken at his word, then what do you have?

Bush used to do this correctly. Because you have a very limited understanding of the role of the President, you hated on him for it.

Another #libfail.

Author: TheDope1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1874008 of 1947663
Subject: Re: Girly prez Walks Back Syrian Red Line Date: 4/29/2013 12:13 PM
Obama and his supporters are such idiots. You don't mention "red lines" and make threats unless you have a plan ready to carry them out.

Boy, would it be nice to have a bunch of guys with loaded weapons in close proximity to those chem sites, wouldn't it? Oh right. We did. Just across the line in Iraq. Could have wheeled in there, taken the bad stuff and wheeled it out. No muss, no fuss. But Obama and his idiot lib sycophants took that option off the table, didn't they?

liberalism. Stuck on stupid since 1929.

Author: willynaylor Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1874011 of 1947663
Subject: Re: Girly prez Walks Back Syrian Red Line Date: 4/29/2013 12:26 PM

Transitioning from a relative success exercise to a relative failure one.

LOL

Too many jabs there Jerry, you are punch drunk.

Willy

Author: LurkerMom Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1874012 of 1947663
Subject: Re: Girly prez Walks Back Syrian Red Line Date: 4/29/2013 12:29 PM

Please follow the bouncing ball and stay on subject. It does not lessen the embarrassment or deflect from the fact the prez red line has turned yellow.

Author: nigelwhalmsley Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1874015 of 1947663
Subject: Re: Girly prez Walks Back Syrian Red Line Date: 4/29/2013 12:31 PM
"Don't look now, but that red line just turned yellow, like the streak on Obama's back."

The only yellow stripes in the white house recently are on the backs of the draft dodgers from the Bush administration.

Author: nigelwhalmsley Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1874016 of 1947663
Subject: Re: Girly prez Walks Back Syrian Red Line Date: 4/29/2013 12:34 PM
"This is why you libs don't really get much. When a *President* says, "If you do x, I'll do y" he's setting national policy. Because after all, if President can't be taken at his word, then what do you have?"

So, what did he say, exactly? What is the 'word' he gave? No one seems to be able to answer. A quote, anyone? Anyone?

Author: willynaylor Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1874017 of 1947663
Subject: Re: Girly prez Walks Back Syrian Red Line Date: 4/29/2013 12:34 PM
The only yellow stripes in the white house recently are on the backs of the draft dodgers from the Bush administration.

You omitted Clinton himself, why is that?

Unfair and unbalanced.

Willy

Author: LurkerMom Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1874020 of 1947663
Subject: Re: Girly prez Walks Back Syrian Red Line Date: 4/29/2013 12:38 PM

You forget the chicken hawk prez did not serve, but he did admit to giving a fleeting thought to enlist...and chicken hawk Bidden? Biden go five college deferments during Vietnam...the football team needed him.

Author: LurkerMom Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1874022 of 1947663
Subject: Re: Girly prez Walks Back Syrian Red Line Date: 4/29/2013 12:42 PM
So, what did he say, exactly? What is the 'word' he gave? No one seems to be able to answer. A quote, anyone? Anyone?

lol...nigel has changed his ploy to playing cat and mouse games instead of the usual groveling for the prez.

Author: TheDope1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1874028 of 1947663
Subject: Re: Girly prez Walks Back Syrian Red Line Date: 4/29/2013 12:55 PM

It's cute when you guys pretend stuff never happened:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/obama-...

http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/20/world/meast/syria-unrest

"We cannot have a situation where chemical or biological weapons are falling into the hands of the wrong people," Obama told reporters at the White House. "We have been very clear to the Assad regime -- but also to other players on the ground -- that a red line for us is we start seeing a whole bunch of chemical weapons moving around or being utilized.

"That would change my calculus; that would change my equation."

Obama added that U.S. officials are monitoring the situation "very carefully" and have put together a number of contingency plans.

"We have communicated in no uncertain terms with every player in the region that that's a red line for us and that there would be enormous consequences if we start seeing movement on the chemical weapons front or the use of chemical weapons."

Obama's remarks appeared to ratchet up his stance on the matter. Last month, talking about Syrian forces, he told a VFW convention, "They will be held accountable by the international community and the United States should they make the tragic mistake of using those weapons."

So you tell me. What are "enormous consequences"?

Author: nigelwhalmsley Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1874030 of 1947663
Subject: Re: Girly prez Walks Back Syrian Red Line Date: 4/29/2013 1:01 PM
"When a *President* says, "If you do x, I'll do y" he's setting national policy." -DOPE

What did he say, what is 'x' and what is 'y'? And what is the national policy you think he set by saying so?

This shouldn't be a difficult question, and I am genuinely curious. I searched some, but can't see to find the quote. Surely you who are so intent on demanding that Obama do *something*, because he said *something*, can point to what he said, can't you?

Does anyone actually know what they are talking about on this subject?

Author: nigelwhalmsley Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1874032 of 1947663
Subject: Re: Girly prez Walks Back Syrian Red Line Date: 4/29/2013 1:07 PM
"So you tell me. What are "enormous consequences"? "

As I read it, he never said "If you do x, we'll do y." So what is all the discussion about?

Author: TheDope1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1874039 of 1947663
Subject: Re: Girly prez Walks Back Syrian Red Line Date: 4/29/2013 1:51 PM
As I read it, he never said "If you do x, we'll do y." So what is all the discussion about?

LOL @ u.

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1874043 of 1947663
Subject: Re: Girly prez Walks Back Syrian Red Line Date: 4/29/2013 2:08 PM
It's cute when you guys pretend stuff never happened:

You do understand for some of them the feigned ignorance is actually unfeigned stupidity.

Author: ItsGoingUp Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1874056 of 1947663
Subject: Re: Girly prez Walks Back Syrian Red Line Date: 4/29/2013 3:12 PM
nigelwhalmsley asks:
What exactly did he say that so many are trying to hold him accountable for?

Here's a relevant video clip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=6PQ6335puOc
Doesn't seem to me that "girly" is the right adjective. And it seems to be more of a personal policy than a national one.

Er, maybe this isn't the guy you had in mind? He looks so young.

-IGU-

Author: nigelwhalmsley Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1874086 of 1947663
Subject: Re: Girly prez Walks Back Syrian Red Line Date: 4/29/2013 4:38 PM

LOL @ u.

---

No, "LOL @ U", unless you can explain what X and Y are in Obama's statement.

Author: TheDope1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1874097 of 1947663
Subject: Re: Girly prez Walks Back Syrian Red Line Date: 4/29/2013 5:05 PM
No, "LOL @ U", unless you can explain what X and Y are in Obama's statement.

Wow. Critical thinking fail.

Author: TheDope1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1874101 of 1947663
Subject: Re: Girly prez Walks Back Syrian Red Line Date: 4/29/2013 5:20 PM
And just to help you out: Obama gave an "if, then". See if you can figure that much out. I doubt you've even read what he said.

Author: nigelwhalmsley Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1874103 of 1947663
Subject: Re: Girly prez Walks Back Syrian Red Line Date: 4/29/2013 5:27 PM
"And just to help you out: Obama gave an "if, then". See if you can figure that much out. I doubt you've even read what he said."

Then why can't you explain what the x and y is? Should be easy for you. And yet, all you can do is banter and blow hot air.

Can you answer or not?

Author: nigelwhalmsley Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1874104 of 1947663
Subject: Re: Girly prez Walks Back Syrian Red Line Date: 4/29/2013 5:28 PM
[ No, "LOL @ U", unless you can explain what X and Y are in Obama's statement. ]

"Wow. Critical thinking fail."

Exactly. Glad you finally see it.

Author: TheDope1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1874107 of 1947663
Subject: Re: Girly prez Walks Back Syrian Red Line Date: 4/29/2013 5:33 PM

Then why can't you explain what the x and y is? Should be easy for you. And yet, all you can do is banter and blow hot air.

Can you answer or not?

It's in what I posted earlier, lazy. Here:

"We have been very clear to the Assad regime -- but also to other players on the ground -- that a red line for us is we start seeing a whole bunch of chemical weapons moving around or being utilized.

"That would change my calculus; that would change my equation."

Obama added that U.S. officials are monitoring the situation "very carefully" and have put together a number of contingency plans.

"We have communicated in no uncertain terms with every player in the region that that's a red line for us and that there would be enormous consequences if we start seeing movement on the chemical weapons front or the use of chemical weapons."

What part of this is too complicated for you to understand? Here, let me help some more:

"a red line for us is we start seeing a whole bunch of chemical weapons moving around or being utilized."

Now, do you understand this sentence? Let's keep this simple. Yes or no?

Author: 0x6a74 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1874110 of 1947663
Subject: Re: Girly prez Walks Back Syrian Red Line Date: 4/29/2013 5:48 PM

???
my recollection is he attacked Greneda in retaliation

Author: nigelwhalmsley Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1874114 of 1947663
Subject: Re: Girly prez Walks Back Syrian Red Line Date: 4/29/2013 6:07 PM
"a red line for us is we start seeing a whole bunch of chemical weapons moving around or being utilized."

Now, do you understand this sentence? Let's keep this simple. Yes or no?

---

Yes, totally understand that sentence. Do you? It does NOT say "If you do x, we will do y" in any way. So, can you explain YOUR comment where YOUI said "When a *President* says, "If you do x, I'll do y" he's setting national policy."

You can't, because he didn't. Means you are wrong. Another silly attempt to reframe a discussion by insinuating (lying) about what the President said. If course, you cannot admit to being wrong, so I imagine there will be some more hot air from you forthcoming...

If you are honest, you will have to walk back your own line.

Author: TheDope1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1874122 of 1947663
Subject: Re: Girly prez Walks Back Syrian Red Line Date: 4/29/2013 7:22 PM
Sigh. It's clearly understood by, oh, everyone with a functioning IQ what 'red line' means. Obama equated his "red line" to "enormous consequence". What do those mean?

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1874123 of 1947663
Subject: Re: Girly prez Walks Back Syrian Red Line Date: 4/29/2013 7:27 PM
Sigh. It's clearly understood by, oh, everyone with a functioning IQ what 'red line' means. Obama equated his "red line" to "enormous consequence". What do those mean?

A strongly worded note signed by John Kerry(but not with Kerry's actual signature)?

Author: nigelwhalmsley Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1874130 of 1947663
Subject: Re: Girly prez Walks Back Syrian Red Line Date: 4/29/2013 7:38 PM
"Sigh. It's clearly understood by, oh, everyone with a functioning IQ what 'red line' means. Obama equated his "red line" to "enormous consequence". What do those mean?"

I knew you could not admit you were wrong, but sheesh - how dense can you be? You've unwittingly (finally) stumbled onto the reason your silly "x then y" statement was so absurd. (even though I'm sure you don't realize it) A phrase like 'enormous consequences' is quite deliberately non-specific. It was a warning, nothing more. You folks are rabidly foaming about his 'red line' and saying that he said he would do x if they did y are either just doing a partisan rant or are stunningly unequipped with a 'functioning IQ'. Or maybe just can't read.

He did not say he would "do" ANYTHING, and yet you guys keep saying he 'walked back' something - something you only imagined inside your heads.

You really show your desperation when you start "re-imagining" what people actually say, and then stomp and bluster that yes, he did, but no, not really, but everyone knows what that means, except, he didn't actually say that, but, but, but....

Really, really desperate. Just hot air. All done now.

Cheers.

Author: TheDope1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1874131 of 1947663
Subject: Re: Girly prez Walks Back Syrian Red Line Date: 4/29/2013 7:47 PM
I knew you could not admit you were wrong, but sheesh - how dense can you be? You've unwittingly (finally) stumbled onto the reason your silly "x then y" statement was so absurd. (even though I'm sure you don't realize it) A phrase like 'enormous consequences' is quite deliberately non-specific. It was a warning, nothing more. You folks are rabidly foaming about his 'red line' and saying that he said he would do x if they did y are either just doing a partisan rant or are stunningly unequipped with a 'functioning IQ'. Or maybe just can't read.

He did not say he would "do" ANYTHING, and yet you guys keep saying he 'walked back' something - something you only imagined inside your heads.

You really show your desperation when you start "re-imagining" what people actually say, and then stomp and bluster that yes, he did, but no, not really, but everyone knows what that means, except, he didn't actually say that, but, but, but....

Failure. If he meant to be deliberately vague he wouldn't have said half this stuff. But, when you can't stick up for Obama you can employ the PA lib tried-and-true tactic of insulting the other guy.

It's all you got.

Author: crassfool Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1874154 of 1947663
Subject: Re: Girly prez Walks Back Syrian Red Line Date: 4/30/2013 12:49 AM
Recommendations: 40
nigel says

I see "red line" replacing "Benghazi" as the non-story that Righties want someone else to die for.

Author: jerryab Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1874218 of 1947663
Subject: Re: Girly prez Walks Back Syrian Red Line Date: 4/30/2013 12:35 PM
Transitioning from a relative success exercise to a relative failure one.

You consider Reagan's Beirut a *success*?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1983_Beirut_barracks_bombing

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (43) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement