No. of Recommendations: 16
Give it up, man. You are NOT going to convince a conservative about global climate change. They will be wallowing in 113 degree temps in Los Angeles, ice storm of unprecedented scope covering hundreds and hundreds of miles, knee deep in water in New York City or Iowa or Pakistan, crashing their cars on the warped roads of defrosted Alaska, up to their necks in flooded waters, dying in drought ravished areas...etc., etc. and still they will say "it was going to happen any way; we are not affecting climate and it's not worth it to do anything."

I read an article the other day that said many scientists are now working on how to combat the serious nature of what we have already done to the climate and the changes they expect. They are done talking about how to stop it and are now concentrating on how to contain it. I can't remember the details but it was something like solar shields above the earth to capture the cloud cover and try to make the earth retain the cool. I think.

Scientists already believe we are beyond the tipping point.

Other planets have been warming as well as Earth. Isn't that amazing? Man has been causing warming on other planets!!! This is critical!!! Something must be done immediately!!! The whole universe is at stake!!!

Ugh.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement