No. of Recommendations: 0
lets say that I have 30k burning a hole in my pocket and would like to make some serious money with it in a couple years time. Ive got a nice 401K and a pension plan already so I would like to see what kind of fun I can have with this money to maybe buy some land or something else. Thanks, Scott
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
Scott,

I would pick one of TMF stock services that matches my investment style and invest in those stocks.

Jim
No. of Recommendations: 1
I have 30k burning a hole in my pocket and would like to make some serious money with it in a couple years time.

I hate to say this, but you sound like a pigeon waiting to be taken by some get rich quick scam artist. I'm certain you're smarter than that!

I would like to see what kind of fun I can have with this money

It's fun when stock prices go up, not so fun when they go down. The volatilty of the last couple of weeks has reminded me to stick to my basic asset allocations. I was trending toward too much in small cap and international stocks and funds.

For my $0.02, I suggest you stick to a sound financial strategy involving a diversified portfolio. When you're ready, you can cash out what you need to buy the property you want.
No. of Recommendations: 4
I would like to see what kind of fun I can have with this money to maybe buy some land or something else

If nothing else, The Motley Fool has taught me one thing.

If you're going to invest, make sure you know your time horizon.

For funds needed within 5 years or so, money market funds.

For over 10 years, stocks.

You mention LAND. TMF doesn't even talk about LAND.

It's been my experience (and I'm often wrong) that investing in real estate requires a 30 year time horizon.

Be careful.

I have 30k burning a hole in my pocket and would like to make some serious money with it in a couple years time

Two years???

Maybe take it to Atlantic City and put it all on red. ;-)

Andy
Advertisement