Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (14) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: jgc123 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 442478  
Subject: Give Mitt Romney His Due Date: 10/5/2012 9:38 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 63
He told the liberals in Massachusetts what they wanted to hear.
He told the Christian conservatives and libertarians in the Republican primaries what they wanted to hear.
He told the millionaire donors what they wanted to hear.
And he told the American people what they wanted to hear.

If Mitt Romney wins this soon after the Bush/Cheney debacle, we deserve him. If he manages to turn Social Security into a voucher system run by the insurance companies, we voted for it. If we adopt a Romney/Ryan healthcare plan that allows insurance companies to deny coverage to people with pre-existing conditions, we asked for it. If he appoints more right wing demagogues to the Supreme Court to build upon Citizens United, we asked for it. If we curtail womens' reproductive rights and abortion rights, we asked for it.

We can't claim that we weren't forewarned. We have Bush/Cheney as a template.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: AngelMay Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 410373 of 442478
Subject: Re: Give Mitt Romney His Due Date: 10/5/2012 9:43 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
If Mitt Romney wins this soon after the Bush/Cheney debacle, we deserve him. If he manages to turn Social Security into a voucher system run by the insurance companies, we voted for it. If we adopt a Romney/Ryan healthcare plan that allows insurance companies to deny coverage to people with pre-existing conditions, we asked for it. If he appoints more right wing demagogues to the Supreme Court to build upon Citizens United, we asked for it. If we curtail womens' reproductive rights and abortion rights, we asked for it.

--------------------------

I've already voted.
I did not vote for Romney.
You can be sure *I* didn't ask for it.

AM

Author: goofnoff Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 410374 of 442478
Subject: Re: Give Mitt Romney His Due Date: 10/5/2012 9:50 AM
I've already voted.
I did not vote for Romney.
You can be sure *I* didn't ask for it.

But if Romney wins what you want, and a $1, will get you a cup of coffee at the Gas&Go.

The problem is that the politcians who represent the populist point of view are virtually nonexistent.

TOP's point is that people who might well have been fooled by Bush/Cheney, and subsequently regretted their choice, (see Bush popularity polls) deserve the same if they vote for Romney.

Author: SpeedBump13 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 410384 of 442478
Subject: Re: Give Mitt Romney His Due Date: 10/5/2012 10:42 AM
I came across a soundbite on NPR that neatly sums up the wave of adoration washing over Romney: "I think Romney done a wonderful job, I was surprised," and "Whatever it was, it was great."
http://www.npr.org/player/v2/mediaPlayer.html?action=1&t...

If lies and money can win an election, this will be the one.

Author: goofnoff Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 410394 of 442478
Subject: Re: Give Mitt Romney His Due Date: 10/5/2012 11:05 AM
Recommendations: 1
If lies and money can win an election, this will be the one

You're kidding, right?

Lies and money were winning elections when Aristotle was a pup.

Author: FoolYap Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 410413 of 442478
Subject: Re: Give Mitt Romney His Due Date: 10/5/2012 12:33 PM
Recommendations: 5

The morning after the debates, as our daughter boarded the school bus, the driver leaned out to and said about the debates: "I went to Nam to fight communists, not to vote for one! Har har!"

We get this kind of nonsense frequently from this guy, and not only this guy. And this is in Massachusetts, one of the bluest states, not (say) Texas or Indiana.

I've come to the conclusion that we do deserve the Bushes and Romneys of the country as our leaders. Most people seem to want to believe memes like, "Government makes you dependent" and "Only lazy people don't have a job."

I don't believe those memes, and I don't deserve a Romney/Ryan administration. But Mr. "Har Har" does. So do many of his fellow citizens. They deserve exactly what they profess to want.

--FY

Author: jgc123 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 410449 of 442478
Subject: Re: Give Mitt Romney His Due Date: 10/5/2012 5:31 PM
Recommendations: 7
FY: "I don't believe those memes, and I don't deserve a Romney/Ryan administration. But Mr. "Har Har" does. So do many of his fellow citizens. They deserve exactly what they profess to want."

You are right, of course. I can't say that I deserve Bush/Cheney etc. when I didn't even vote for them.

I have sunken back into the depths of political despair because *we* keep voting for people who seem to be hellbent on surrendering our autonomy to the banks and multinational corporations who have no respect for the middle class Americans who vote for the politicians owned by them.

I am an attorney who happens to own a small law firm. Why should I continue to argue against tax cuts that benefit me when I am arguing with brothers in law who are ardent anti-government conservatives, one of whom worked at Newport News shipyard and whose salary, benefits, pension and Social Security were all paid for by me, and the other who was a college professor whose salary, pension, benefits and Social Security were paid for by me.

If they are determined to vote for Romney who will cut my taxes and ultimately pay for it out of their retirement funds, Social Security and pensions, why in the fluck should I continue to argue with them?

Author: rmhj Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 410454 of 442478
Subject: Re: Give Mitt Romney His Due Date: 10/5/2012 5:44 PM
I think this assessment on the U.S. political scene from two years ago is still relevant:

http://www.smirkingchimp.com/thread/david-michael-green/3180...

It's ironic, to begin with, that the ones who are bitching loudest today are precisely the people who created the mess we're in.

We're actually in a whole heaping helping lot of messes, but I'm referring principally to the economic one. I suspect that the rabble ranks of the tea party movement are populated by people who have equally bad politics on social matters and foreign policy issues. But - for different reasons - they don't talk about those questions too much. Instead, they largely confine themselves to economic beefs, especially deficits.

These are conservatives, however - more properly labeled as regressives - and the astonishing irony here is that they've had their way with economic policy in this country for thirty years running. And, excuse me, but now they're pissed off at the results?

rj

Author: JohnEBgood Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 410465 of 442478
Subject: Re: Give Mitt Romney His Due Date: 10/5/2012 6:35 PM
The morning after the debates, as our daughter boarded the school bus, the driver leaned out to and said about the debates: "I went to Nam to fight communists, not to vote for one! Har har!"

We get this kind of nonsense frequently from this guy, and not only this guy.

I've seen quite a few of those "har, har" guys, and I live in a blue state too. I can't imagine how I'd deal with a red state.

They deserve exactly what they profess to want.

I guess. But we have to suffer the consequences.

The "elite" i.e. educated need to get more involved. Especially the young voters. They will suffer greatly when the wrong people are in office. But the young and educated seem too busy to pay attention.

Jack

Author: MDGluon Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 410472 of 442478
Subject: Re: Give Mitt Romney His Due Date: 10/5/2012 7:29 PM
If they are determined to vote for Romney who will cut my taxes and ultimately pay for it out of their retirement funds, Social Security and pensions, why in the fluck should I continue to argue with them?

Don't argue with them.
You can inform them, but don't expect much since data and experiments show that even (or more so) educated conservatives only ignore real world data and results and use their "liberal" education to garner better justifications for the irrational stances they take.

Remember you are not dealing with rational thought here; you are dealing with emotive emotional "lizard brain" reactive fear....and thus lies quickly are embedded and rational reasoning is overridden.

Read Lakoff's book Moral Politics to get some insight into this.

The Liberal/Progressive positions and results are far better for us yet they are losing due to our inability to early and often get a message out that stops the fear messages that wealthy media owners command.

Oh, and giving up eventually leads to your demise also unless you are part of the 1% of the 1%.

md

Author: DrBob2 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 410798 of 442478
Subject: Re: Give Mitt Romney His Due Date: 10/11/2012 1:19 PM

Bus Driver Tells 12 Year-Old He Should Have Been Aborted Because of Romney Yard Sign
www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012/10/bus-driver-tells-12-year-ol...

DB2

Author: 0x6a74 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 410800 of 442478
Subject: Re: Give Mitt Romney His Due Date: 10/11/2012 1:50 PM
Bus Driver Tells 12 Year-Old He Should Have Been Aborted Because of Romney Yard Sign
www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012/10/bus-driver-tells-12-year-ol......

obviously a T-b**er trying to make 'the left' look bad.

NTTAWWT!!!

( assuming the story's not simply MUS )

Author: Jeanwa Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 410802 of 442478
Subject: Re: Give Mitt Romney His Due Date: 10/11/2012 1:58 PM
Is there was any way at all to verify this story?

There is not even a state mentioned.

Author: DrBob2 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 410811 of 442478
Subject: Re: Give Mitt Romney His Due Date: 10/11/2012 3:04 PM
Is there was any way at all to verify this story?
There is not even a state mentioned.

New Berlin is in Wisconsin.

www.1190kex.com/cc-common/news/sections/newsarticle.html?fee...

Apparently the bus driver has been fired.

DB2

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (14) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement