UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: DeadheadFool Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1656  
Subject: Re: Reality 101 Date: 9/11/1999 11:25 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Glad you all are posting on this board, as I have never really been interested in the polution/waste problem. I'm ashamed to admit it but guess the truth is the truth. Thanks for getting my attention.:-)

Phil

Hey Phil,

No need to be ashamed about the past, be proud that you have sparked an interest in the future. I was one ignorant white male American for the first 25 or so years of my life. So are/were most of us. We're experiencing quite an enlightening period in our culture IMHO, and I'm happy to be a part of it.

Regarding the work McDonalds is doing about cups, I am reading "Pour YOur Heart Into It", by Howard Schultz,of Starbucks (SBUX). They are also or have worked with McDonalds about the "cup situation and other containers".

What has Starbucks been doing about cups? I was having a paper cup of coffee every morning for a while and just recently got my lazy butt to bring a travel cup to work with me. Fits in my computer bag when I'm done, so no more paper cups for me. It also keeps the coffee warm longer and makes a hot cup easier to hold.

The Starbucks near me always double cups because it's easier to hold. Actually they recently implemented Java Jackets. When (and if) I go there, I always give them back the second cup (or jacket) and they look at me like I'm really wierd or something :-)

So, I'd love to hear about what they're doing to address this.

Are the cups recycleable? I think not because of the wax inside lining. Anyone know for sure?

Chris
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Dividend Growth Investing

Good Time for Dividend Champions?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement