Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: dcseaman Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 36682  
Subject: Global Industries Date: 11/19/2008 5:46 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 31
I am trying to find out what the recommendation for Global Industries (GLBL) is today. I have not received any advice since I bought it per Motley Fool recommendation. Too late to sell......Down about 73%. Any hope for the future? Buy more?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: trenchrat Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 33884 of 36682
Subject: Re: Global Industries Date: 11/20/2008 7:08 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 7
sorry guy...appears if there is any hope..its a long way off???

you shoulda run like scalded mongoose when 17-16 broke down..as per the chart below

http://stockcharts.com/charts/gallery.html?GLBL

nect time...trust what you can see..not what you hear or read....learn and turn....or churn and burn

Hope is not a good tool in this game
we all made these horriible mistakes...the trick is never again

goood lucks

tr

Author: courteousTim Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 33886 of 36682
Subject: Re: Global Industries Date: 11/20/2008 10:39 AM
Recommendations: 6
I am trying to find out what the recommendation for Global Industries (GLBL) is today. I have not received any advice since I bought it per Motley Fool recommendation. Too late to sell......Down about 73%. Any hope for the future? Buy more?

You're what's officially known as a bag holder now.

The good news is you're not alone.

The bad news is you have to decide what to do now.

Are you an investor or trader?

Either way, forget about what you paid for it. No need to worry, or hope, that it'll get close to your purchase price.

What's your time frame? If you're an investor and have a very long time frame and have reason to want to "own" the company the current price may be a very good one. But I wouldn't rush out to buy more. Chance are very good you'll be able to buy it current prices or lower on many occasions in the near future or longer.

If you're a trader, sell it immediately. You'll have a much easier time evaluating your options when you no longer own the stock (and associated bag holder baggage). If you decide to buy it again, you'll probably be able to do so at the same or lower prices.

Best of luck,

Tim

p.s. the Fool is good for two things,

1) the message boards (the free ones)
2) selling newsletters ... and don't waste your time and money following their advice

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement