UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Tuni Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 189639  
Subject: Gmail blocking senders Date: 12/29/2012 1:51 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
There appears to be no way in g-mail to block specific senders - am I correct in this?

I can set up filters to send them automatically to "trash"
I can send to "spam" folder and sometimes g-mail learns but

I have somehow gotten on a list from MoboSpace or something like that and I am inundated with "friendship" requests and/or responses (mostly in Spanish)....

Am getting tired of emptying and seeing them...

Have searched and can find no positive ideas for how to automatically block these senders from my Gmail....

Any thoughts (yeah, I know I can change my g-mail addy but that's such a PITA! :(

thx
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Tuni Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 183125 of 189639
Subject: Re: Gmail blocking senders Date: 12/29/2012 1:53 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
sorry, its MocoSpace!

Author: hookemfins Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 183126 of 189639
Subject: Re: Gmail blocking senders Date: 12/29/2012 3:25 PM
Only way I know is to seta filter. If mocospace is in every email
I would just filter it out with has words. I go right to delete.

Author: TwoCybers Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 183128 of 189639
Subject: Re: Gmail blocking senders Date: 12/29/2012 3:59 PM
Recommendations: 1
In my experience the Gmail filters are exceptional. The reason they are so good is google handles mail from many thousands of people. When some critical mass or emails are deemed SPAM they filter it. In your case you may be one of a few people getting stuff from MocoSpace - that only means you will have to label stuff as SPAM a few extra times.

Just keep at it. Undoubtedly these people are using different IPs to send mail and it will take a bit longer.

Gordon
Atlanta

Author: riprock45 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 183130 of 189639
Subject: Re: Gmail blocking senders Date: 12/29/2012 4:50 PM
Hey Tuni

try setting up a filter from @mocospace to (You)
Do this:

"Delete it"

Cheers,

Rip

Author: grouse100 Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 183132 of 189639
Subject: Re: Gmail blocking senders Date: 12/29/2012 5:02 PM
Look at the first link to get started

https://www.google.com/search?q=gmail+filters&ie=utf-8&a...

I do agree also on marking them as spam if you can't get a filter to work.

Author: Tuni Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 183153 of 189639
Subject: Re: Gmail blocking senders Date: 12/30/2012 4:38 PM
have set up filters previously, am getting inundated with this crap - notcoming tomy "inbox" anymore however there are about 30/+/day now inmy trash and/or spam boxes. Find it really annoying that I can't BLOCK them from my gmail account - would be great if they could just be returned to the senders .....wherever they are...

Guess I can live with it <sigh>

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement